I've been looking up information on the red Curve released by AT&T, I was told that it was Wi-Fi enabled, however, after much research and to my disappointment, it is not. I'm currently using the Pearl, if I get the red Curve, I would have to unlock it. Is it worth me getting??? Plus the Wi-Fi feature on the T-mobile version, does it cost extra to use?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
    10-16-07 04:57 PM
    IMHO I would just get the gold curve from TMO if I were you! Dont see the benifit of paying retail for the red curve when you could get the gold one from TMO!!!
    10-16-07 05:00 PM
    well...i can get the att one for much cheaper than the tmo one....
    10-16-07 06:58 PM
    Just ask yourself, do you need Gps or wifi.
    10-16-07 07:26 PM
    the red curve is gonna have built in GPS. so when you use telenav you can get turn by turn directions without buying the $100 GPS adaptor
    10-18-07 10:17 AM
    I just got the titanium and was hoping the built in GPS would work with Google Maps but it seems like AT&T has locked the GPS so that it can only be used with Tele-nav. Kinda sad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-07 10:37 AM
    can anyone respond to has experience with an 8310 and gps just curious because i'm about to buy the 8310 titanium...
    10-18-07 12:33 PM
    Last night I downloaded Google maps and it located my location and zoomed in to where I was. Today, nothing happens...

I'll keep playing with it and report back.

EDIT: OK...I just tried it again and it works fine. I guess this morning I wasn't in a good spot to catch the GPS signals or something.
    Last edited by driggers; 10-18-07 at 04:19 PM.
    10-18-07 04:11 PM
    if you download yahoo go! your gps will work with it much better that telenav and its free
    10-19-07 12:29 PM
    I picked up my Bama red 8310 from the AT&T store here in Huntsville this past Wednesday. I swapped my new 8300 for the 8310. I am totally sold on BB! I had the 8525 Tilt for about a week. It has WiFi. I played around with it, but wasn't impressed. If you leave the WiFi on, it pickes up on every wireless network around, constantly asking me if I wanted to connect.

Now, as for the 8310s GPS...I'm lovin' it! I'm using TeleNav, which seems to be great. However, I have read on some posts here that there are other software pkgs that are good--some even free. While TeleNav is good, it is going to add another $10 to the $40 I'm paying for the BB pkg.

Another thing to note is that Bluetooth and GPS seem to suck the battery life. I'm seriously considering Seidio's (sp) extended like battery for the Curve. My only drawbacks are that it's $50 and probably won't fit with the skin/holster I already have.
    10-19-07 11:48 PM
    I switched to TMO as soon as they released the BB 8320 with wifi and I thought I was going to be very happy. The wifi had a lot of problems. If you pay the extra $10 a month with TMO and add the @Home package, you can talk unlimited, for free on wifi. I thought that was going to save me a lot of $$ and cut down on minute usage since I am always at hot spot and at home. However, the sound quality is horrible on the wifi. A lot of static, voice breaking up, it just not a good voice quality. Especially when I am on a business call. I am sure TMO will work on the voice quality but for now, in my area, Los Angeles, it just did not work will. Also, if you start a call on wifi, and then leave a wifi spot, the phone is suppose to transfer to cellular, in my area, the call would get disconnected.

The browser to me did not go any faster on wifi. Sometimes it felt that is was slower.

I ended up canceling TMO and switched to AT&T and got the red curve with GPS. I am really happy now. The GPS works great with TeleNav, GOOGLE Maps, YAHOO Go. I use the GPS everyday to check live traffic and find local business. AT&T internet on the 8310 works great. Since I have the unlimited data package for $30 I don't need the wifi.

I would recommend deciding what is more important to you, wifi or GPS. If you prefer wifi, then signup with TMO and try them. You have 30 days to cancel without any penalties. Then try AT&T.
    10-20-07 01:19 AM
    You can use the wifi uma feature without paying the extra money. It will just deduct from your regular minutes. But if you use T-mobile router I think you will be alot happier because it puts voice over data first .
    10-21-07 03:43 AM
    I love my red Curve. I downloaded Google Maps onto it over the weekend while I was out of town for work and it ended up coming in handy more than I thought it would.
    10-21-07 08:09 PM
    can anyone respond to has experience with an 8310 and gps just curious because i'm about to buy the 8310 titanium...
    I bought the red one on Friday. GPS works great.
    10-21-07 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD