I have two BB Curve 8300 w/t-mobile and compared both settings to see if I can locate the reason why one phones connection bar is always in the red. The primary issue is connectivity to certain websites have been denied, phone freezes up and lag during calling out periods. Any ideas?
    02-03-08 10:12 AM
    Red Connection bar? Can you elaborate?
    02-03-08 12:06 PM
    Right next to the wi-fi connection icon. The upper right hand corner which indicates your current in bars is all red.
    02-03-08 12:21 PM
    That is the wifi signal strength. Those are always in red. Does it say UMA? Do you have Blackberry Data plans on the accounts?
    02-03-08 12:41 PM
    Yes it does say UMA and no I do not have a blackberry Data plan. T-mobile just simply had me pull the battery and simply reset the service to no avail. They have no information pertaining to this issue. They also recommended upgrading the operating system. I'm currently running 4.2.2.171 same as my BB. So I really don't think an upgrade is going to resolve this minor issue.
    02-03-08 02:12 PM
    I would MOST DEFINITELY upgrade to the latest OS. 4.2.2.171 had lots of issues. Upgrade to the latest OS..

Also, with no data plan you need to make sure that your default browser is set to the wifi browser. Go to Options >Advanced Options >Browser and set the wifi browser to default. Then make sure any of your bookmarks are set to use the wifi browser. The upgrade from 4.2.2.171 to 4.2.2.180 fixed many issues regarding this problem.
    02-03-08 02:37 PM
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-08 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD