Hi again.

I recently had a red blinking light on my 8330. I checked all my message logs, and I had nothing new.

I had a couple of conversations going in bb messenger a few minutes prior to the red light.

After a few minutes, I got another message, and the light went away after I checked it.

Fyi- I do not have my device set up to blink red when I lose service.

Is this a known issue or bug? I'm pretty certain I didn't have a sms, mms, email, ping, bb messenger or pin message. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-08 05:48 PM
    Try a battery pull. Home screen, battery out for 30 secs. Cures a multitude of Blackberry ills.

Blackberrys are prone to what the Brits call 'Getting their knickers in a twist.' Expressive. The battery pull fixes it.

If that does not fix it, come back here and post again. Help will be forthcoming.
    05-21-08 06:52 PM
    I have the same issue occasionally. Mine usually occurs in the bb messenger when I get two or more separate messages before I can respond. For some reason, it doesn't recognize that you've acknowledged the multiple messages.
    05-21-08 07:03 PM
    I get this error with JiveTalk. Whenever it happens I enable the service LED notification, then disable. Fixes for a bit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-08 10:30 PM
    Meh! Just a bug, usually happens to me if I have BBM open as well and I close one convo when another is coming in..light will stick, either pull battery...or just wait till another message comes in and check it, in most cases it will go away then.
    05-21-08 10:33 PM
    thanks for the replies... battery pull fixes it, but it goes away after 15 min anyway

i added myself to my contacts, and if it happens again, i will send myself a message.

wonder if that will work.

thanks for all the replies
    05-22-08 08:36 AM
    I have this happen with BBM. It was happening under 4.2, still happens under 4.5 beta. I find it happens if I'm busy typing when new messages are coming in, it's like it gets confused if too much is going on.

Sending yourself a message is probably one of the faster ways, I've found if I do a quick power off/on by holding the red button for a few seconds, it goes away. Also doesn't take as long as a battery pull.
    05-22-08 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD