I have a 8320 and it does not come with video recording which i knew before i bought it but i still love this thing. Yet i was wondering if it would be possible to make an app that can do it. Send a voice note is an app that came with my Curve that can record sound so i know recording sound is possible. Then when i use my camera there is an image on my screen that can be captured. I have apps for my pc that just captures whatever is on the screen. Couldnt somebody make an app like that for my curve? That just does these 2 things? Even if the quality isnt great or i couldnt save it do my card and would have to send it like the voice notes, its still better than nothing. If someone can come up with this app it would be HUGE. 8320 owners would love it. Is this doable?
    09-04-08 01:03 PM
    you would have to upgrade to the 'beta' 4.5 os to get a video camera

there isnt a separate app for it
    09-04-08 01:08 PM
    Once you upgrade your OS you will be able to do video recording. The OS is in a beta form now (there's a whole OS 4.5 BETA forum on this site). The final release for T-Mobile should be out soon.
    09-04-08 01:09 PM
    Once you upgrade your OS you will be able to do video recording. The OS is in a beta form now (there's a whole OS 4.5 BETA forum on this site). The final release for T-Mobile should be out soon.

soon is a relative term... soon could be early 09, but i hope not!
    09-04-08 01:15 PM
    right on. is the beta buggy? i dont think recording video is worth it if everything else is quirky. if it is i can wait till an official release.
    09-04-08 01:24 PM
    The video camera works on 4.5., I'm running the Orange version.

T Mo's BB support expected the "official" release to be available around September/October.
    09-04-08 01:25 PM
    the latest versions hae worked out a lot of the kinks
    09-04-08 01:26 PM
    thanks for the info. will do some homework on the beta but its good to know my blackberry will record video. this thing is so addicting i think its unhealthy.
    09-04-08 01:34 PM
    Hi.....

can anyone update what it takes to record video on a 8320,

and can you zoom ?

thanks for the info

VW
    09-10-10 07:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD