Is there any application a person can buy that will allow them to record phone conversations on their Blackberry Curve?

Any help would be great
    01-27-09 02:21 PM
    Someone just posted the exact same question not too long ago and I don't think anyone found anything to help... Sorry I wish this existed I need it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 02:50 PM
    I don't want to come off as an ***, really, I am a very nice guy.

Please try the search before asking a ? I have seen this same question asked and debated so many times here.

Take care, and happy Blackberry.

01-27-09 02:59 PM
    You would be much better off doing your own research on this
    issue outside of this forum. Conversations such as this generally
    devolve into a back and forth between moralists and wanabee
    lawyers. In other words, they become totally unproductive and
    NEVER provide the OP (that's you) with anything that approximates
    a definitive answer.
    01-27-09 03:03 PM
    There is an item called a "PHone Recorder" card that is a site that your call will go through and record it for you. Then you can go back and review it on line.
    01-27-09 03:04 PM
    I don't want to come off as an ***, really, I am a very nice guy.

Please try the search before asking a ? I have seen this same question asked and debated so many times here.

Take care, and happy Blackberry.

Now that was the nicest response i've heard from a person asking someone to search first. Sure seems many get very peeved with newbs when a repeated question comes up.

(and this isn't a personal attack, but rather a broad statement of opinion, as i've surfed around on here for about a month now...)

And while yes.. they(the newb) should take some time to look first. But, as a mod.. thats your fricken job folks. (yes i realize this is a hobby for mods too) If you don't want to deal with all the newbs and their seemingly silly questions.. step aside and let someone else moderate. The point of Help forums is to H E L P.
    01-27-09 03:17 PM
    Unless you tell the person on the other end that you are recording them, it is illegal to do so.

I am not a moralist or a wanna be lawyer. I work in Law Enforcement and this is a law in every state and also a federal law.

01-27-09 03:25 PM
    fla030, I must beg to differ. It all depend on what states each party is in. If it's a "One Party State" and both parties are in the same state, the caller does not have to tell the other party they are being recorded. This is from the US Attorney's Office. However, it is imperative that the party doing the recording check ALL STATE, FEDERAL AND LOCAL laws before proceeding and follow them (my disclaimer)
    01-27-09 03:35 PM
    Unless you tell the person on the other end that you are recording them, it is illegal to do so.

I am not a moralist or a wanna be lawyer. I work in Law Enforcement and this is a law in every state and also a federal law.

fla030, I must beg to differ. It all depend on what states each party is in. If it's a "One Party State" and both parties are in the same state, the caller does not have to tell the other party they are being recorded. This is from the US Attorney's Office. However, it is imperative that the party doing the recording check ALL STATE, FEDERAL AND LOCAL laws before proceeding and follow them (my disclaimer)
    And this is precisely what I meant.
    01-27-09 03:47 PM
    Sorry, I won't say any more. My mouth is zipped.
    01-27-09 03:49 PM
    I work in Law Enforcement and this is a law in every state and also a federal law.
    Are you an Attorney well versed in such issues.
    "I work in law enforcement" covers a whole heapin' mess 'o ground.

Meter maids work in law enforcement, and I can damn well assure you I
    would not seek out their advice on such an issue.

Again, to the Original Poster, ignore all of us and check your local
    statutes on your own. Or seek the advice of a competent Attorney.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 01-27-09 at 04:01 PM.
    01-27-09 03:58 PM
    I have seen this and other questions too many times. Quit with the whole law thing, who knows if he's using it for bad or good. This is Crackberry, we believe most people do it for good.
    01-27-09 06:52 PM
    I found this here... may help answer your question. and be sure to read some of the comments they give some reference points.
    Last edited by rumour; 01-27-09 at 07:04 PM.
    01-27-09 07:00 PM
    sorry, i meant no offense and answered to the best of my ability. also, i only mentioned that the question had been asked previously, simply to emphasize the point that it's a current concern with others and that no fruit had been discovered yet.
    01-28-09 03:27 PM
    what about start a voice recording using the voice recorder installed on all bb's then making call or answering one after. I have never tried doing it that way, worth trying if you need to record phone calls. I thought my friend did in past but I could be wrong.
    01-28-09 11:09 PM
    For the purposes of this thread, let's assume the OP and the person he's talking to have signed, notarized statements consenting to the recording.

So far, no one has found an app that allows you to record conversations on a blackberry. A while ago, there was a thread where someone wrote an app to do just that, but it devolved into a flamewar and he never released the app, fearing the possibility of a lawsuit. On second thought, that may have been silencing the camera, another feature the security-concious bb lacks that starts flamewars.
    01-29-09 12:25 AM

Check your sources...

Audio recording laws vary by county NOT by state. Your local county code officer should be able to tell you if it is legal.

01-29-09 04:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD