I purchased a Curve from someone on Craigslist yesterday. The ESN was clean and I activated it with no problem but once I got my internet set up i started getting his emails. All his email accounts are still getting pushed to the phone and I dont see any way to delete the accounts. I went to email set up and its saying a account already exists for the pin number. So basically i have to log in using the account he set up, its not allowing me to create a new account to set up my own account. I dont want to have to wipe it clean because i just put my addresses in there and upgraded to the 4.5 OS and i dont want to have to do that again. But if thats the only way i'll do it. So how can i get this guys email off my phone? If I do wipe it will it go back to the 4.3 OS?
    12-09-08 08:42 AM
    Visit Blackberry Internet Services from a computer
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=sprint

See if you can login or create an account. Add your email addresses and delete former owner's account. Call Sprint if you can't.

Additional links for help:
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Internet Service Support

View Document
    12-09-08 08:53 AM
    Yes I tried to set up a new account thru Sprints BIS site and when i put in the PIN it tells me a account already exists for that PIN number. I guess i have to call Sprint, i hate doing that
    12-09-08 08:57 AM
    Hello, I'm new around here, but worked around a similar issue last night.

Please check for alternate options first, but I did the following:
    - Goto Options / Advanced / Service Book
    In this listI looked for and Deleted the CICAL and CMME that had the incorrect email bound to them

Upon doing this, I restarted the phone, then in my Setup, I was able to access Email Setup again, and it found the correct email on my Wife's phone, instead of mine, that I removed.

Once I did this, the email setup screen also had a option to Download Service Books. I did this, and her Email was Win.

Good Luck, that is what I did for my fix. If you have anything you don't want to loose, as always, make a backup first.
    Last edited by Pic0o; 12-09-08 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Carrier = AT&T
    12-09-08 09:04 AM
    Don't setup a new account...just try to login. Do the "forgot password" bit that should send you a password to your device, then login and start reconstructing your account :-) No worries.
    12-09-08 09:04 AM
    Don't setup a new account...just try to login. Do the "forgot password" bit that should send you a password to your device, then login and start reconstructing your account :-) No worries.
    That didnt work because I still needed his user name in order to send the password. I called Sprint and they took care of it and now im all set.
    12-09-08 09:35 AM
    That didnt work because I still needed his user name in order to send the password. I called Sprint and they took care of it and now im all set.
    Sorry it didn't work. I thought you could ask for the password only using the PIN and be able to login, I forgot you wouldn't know the old owner's user name either. Glad Sprint actually handled it quickly.
    12-09-08 09:41 AM
    I just went through this very same situation (even bought mine off CL too) and all I had to do was call Sprint, and they eventually transferred me to the Blackberry Dept. (or something??) and they had to RELEASE the previous acct. from the PIN. Just tell them your situation and they will take care of it really quickly....
    12-09-08 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD