Hi,

I am receiving emails but I cannot access any web page in either the BB browser or Opera. Spoke to a T-Mobile rep for an hour and totally was not of any help. She walked me through in re-sending service books and re-registering the Host Routing Table but nothing worked. I was told everything was good on T-Mobile's end and I have "EDGE" on the upper right hand and I have full bars.
    The rep told me to do an application loader and that also didn't help. I have since restored my BB and to no avail, the damn internet still doesn't work. I can receive SMS and emails to my Curve but no internet. The icons for the emails have a little world on them. Could anyone shed light on this problem? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Please help. I'm dying out here....
    04-13-08 11:02 PM
    Did you try accessing the internet using "MediaNet" link ?
    Last edited by rintu; 04-14-08 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Graduation to "Crackberry ABUSER" !!!
    04-14-08 08:45 AM
    I do not have the MEDIANET icon but I tried using Tzones and it said "A problem occurred while trying to render the page". I have no idea what else to do. FYI, this phone is AT&T branded and I'm on the T-Mobile network but have gotten Internet connection since I first got it.
    04-14-08 08:58 AM
    So it sounds like your 8310 has been unlocked.

And you have a Data Plan for the BlackBerry?

Pull the battery while powered on, hold 30 seconds, replace and reboot, and see if your browser icon appears. Try opening it and press Menu > Go to > type in wap.crackberry.com

Does it work?
    04-14-08 09:00 AM
    Jsanders, I did that and it still did not work. I was transferred to RIM by T-Mobile and the rep walked me through installing a fresh OS and correcting the settings. It didn't solve the Internet problem. I am still able to receive SMS messages and emails but no Internet. I was able to send PIN messages as well. The RIM rep said that since it is an AT&T phone there is NO WAY that they can guarantee for the Internet browser to work. The service books for the browser keeps getting rejected.

Is this true? My BB was working for a full month, Internet included.
    04-14-08 10:15 AM
    Give it some time.

If PIN works, you have your BIS. Is your browser hidden or stuck off in a folder?
    04-14-08 10:49 AM
    My browser is showing on the homescreen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-08 11:31 AM
    I had the same error all weekend, and today for some reason it's working again. Wish I could help, but that's strange that we both had the same problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-08 11:51 AM
    My BB's internet was working again all of a sudden. Thank goodness for backup and restore. This is sooo odd. I wonder if there were others that had the same problem.
    04-14-08 12:35 PM
    It could just be a temporary problem with the network. It has happened to me before on AT&T and I was on call with AT&T and RIM...doing all sorts of things like back-up, reinstall, re-register, re send service books etc - but the root cause was an outage at AT&T !!! Part 'n parcel of enjoying the luxuries !
    04-14-08 12:43 PM
    Is it a cell phone provider problem or blackberry network problem? I'm on Suncom and am experiencing similar problem. Everything worked like a charm the first month or so that I had my BB 8120 and now, I have nothing, no emails, no data network, no internet on EDGE or WiFi. Nothing will work. Spent hours on the phone with Suncom and walked me through the various processes but nothing worked. It's hasn't been working for over a week now and I'm getting annoyed. Any tricks or tips anyone can give me? I have a Mac, so I'm using PocketMac sync but it won't even "see" my blackberry when it's plugged up so I don't know what's going on.

Note: I know this is in the Curve 83xx forum but the problem was extremely similar to what is happening with my 8120.
    06-16-08 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD