I got the curve on Friday and its been nothing but problems since then. After figuring out how to do things, I thought I was going to like this. Yesterday I couldn't make or receive a phone call for about 4 hours. Text and email worked but when a call was placed or received I couldn't hear anyone. Now the BB doesn't read the stuff on my media card. It shows all my ringtones but when I play them a preloaded ringtone plays. I can't see any of my pictures either. I;m about to throw this thing out the f'ing window.
    09-21-08 05:01 PM
    Check out the Blackberry 101 section of this forum. It was a lot of help to me. Welcome to the addiciton!
    09-21-08 05:03 PM
    Thanks for that info but it didn't help. Now I can see my pictures in thumbnail but they do not open. The screen goes black and it says loading for a second and thats it. When I try to play a video I get a red bar on the top left corner saying error and a box pops up saying "DEVICE MEDIA PROCESSOR BUSY" WTF?:mad
    09-21-08 05:12 PM
    During the time just before the hearing problem started did you get MMS with sound in it? or you have a ringtone the phone does not like. Try a battery reset with device powered on. The MMS thing is a known issue witih the phone and will be resolved with the next OS update. ALso when you cannot hear, try activing the voice dialing then cancel it. I have heard that this is faster fix than a battery reset.

EDIT: also did you format the SD card in the phone?
    09-21-08 05:12 PM
    If you just got the phone why don't you take advantage of your 30 day exchange return. The phone isn't supposed to not make phone calls the minute you had problems u should have gone to verizon.
    09-21-08 05:25 PM
    Trying to exchange a device right away may not resolve the issue. If there is data or some function done by the user this will only make it happen again on another new phone. This will frustrait them more. After trying to resolve the concerns with this one cannot be done, then I would look into a new device.
    09-21-08 05:32 PM
    Didn't get any MMS before it started happening. Did a battery reset at the time and nothing changed. The problem with returning phones is that nothing gets fixed. I returned (no joking) 7 previous smartphones over the last year. Freezing, turning off, not responding etc. Their solution is take a new phone and everything is fixed but its not.
    09-21-08 06:01 PM
    IF you are having these issues with this may devices, what 3rd party applications are you placing on them? Not ruling the device, but having all these issues and going now to another device and having problems, there must be something.
    09-21-08 06:19 PM
    Return the BB !!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-08 06:20 PM
    7? Wow. Raider is being nice, what are you doing to your phones? Lol, hard to believe all those devices were defective. Try deleting everything you've put on it and then re-add one thing at a time to see which thing is messing your device up.

09-21-08 07:29 PM
    Not doing a thing to them. I want them to perform they way they are supposed too. I pay alot of money for my service and equipment and expect it to work properly. Any problems it gets returned to be fixed or replaced. Unfortunately Verizon versions of phones suck. I had the VX 6800 and my has the AT&T version (believe its the Tilt). Anyway same phone but mine would constantly freeze and shut off. He never has had a problem with it. I don't put 3rd party Apps in it because you have to unlock the phone in order to do it and never added anything to it. The only thing I used was the MS Word and the docs were stored on a sd card. Barley used the internet on it. Now after 3 days of having this, not really knowing what to do with and, I didn't mess with it. My sd card with all my pics and ringtones was working fine until this afternoon. I formatted the card again, reloaded to pics and it worked for a half hour. Went to look at them again and its as if the card isn't their.
    09-21-08 08:27 PM
    maybe you have a defective card? did you try a different one?
    09-21-08 08:32 PM
    It's the same card (formatted on my BB) I had with my last phone. Could that be the cause when it was working fine until today and for a short period of time when I formatted it again?
    09-21-08 08:54 PM
    Not trying to be rude but if you've gone through that many smartphones without adding apps (by the way you don't need to unlock to add apps, and you have cdma anyway, so you can't unlock) maybe you need a regular non-smartphone.
    09-21-08 09:09 PM
    Now why doesn't my desktop software work now. Even after updating my roxio program freezes.
    09-21-08 09:32 PM
    Roxio is a terrible application. I don't use it. And it's been reported that installing it will make Desktop Manager run more slowly. I haven't experienced that because I don't have Roxio installed. Roxio might explain some of your problems.

There're no restrictions on installing 3rd party apps, unless you are on a BES that restricts them. But you're smart not to add more variables to the mix with so many problems. Is there something common to all the problems?
    09-21-08 09:41 PM
    Desktop manger isn't even picking the BB up now. Yesterdays no phone call thing I accepted as a carrier error/ out of area thing. Todays problems, after everything was working great, seems to be the BB itself and the software. I haven't added or removed anything on it except the sd card that had my pics and ringtones. All of which worked unitl today. Now I can see the thumbnails but they will not open up.
    09-21-08 09:57 PM
    You don't specifically mention doing a battery pull. Have you done that?
    09-21-08 10:07 PM
    Numerous times with no effect. I'm installing desktop 4.3 (without Roxio) and hoping that does something. My last resort is to go back to the store and let them look at it.
    09-21-08 10:13 PM
    I figured you had, but since I didn't see it, I thought I'd better ask. Deleting and reinstalling Desktop Manager will probably clear the problem of DM not recognizing your blackberry as well. One question: DTM is now at version 4.6. Why are you downloading 4.3? I use 4.5. If plan to use media sync to sync music, I believe you need 4.6.
    09-21-08 10:16 PM
    Dutch, I feel your pain. Take it from someone who, in the past year, has been through four 50" plasma TVs, 3 desktop PCs, 10 cell phones, 3 powermonkeys, 4 wireless routers, 2 cable modems, 3 PCMCIA cards, 2 navigation devices, 5 TiVos, and 3 Blue tooth headsets... It sucks. Good luck with your trials.
    09-21-08 10:36 PM
    Thanks for the moral support Five. Thanks Jeff for letting my know about the updated desktop (got 4.6). So much easier then the previous versions. Weird thing happened on my BB. Sometimes I can access the ringtones on the BB and play them and I can see the thumb nails of my pics. Can't open the pics though.
    09-21-08 11:31 PM
    I've heard a popular radio host inform a certain few listeners who called in sounding disturbed that they are no longer allowed to listen to his show. Am I wrong for thinking that is funny?

09-22-08 12:02 AM
    What are you waiting on? Return it for a new phone. If its doing all of that crazy stuff then you should've already had a replacement. Especially if you've just gotten the phone... I mean its just common sense

09-22-08 12:40 AM
    I know its common sense to get a new one but reality sets in when the store is closed I cannot go get a new. Getting a new doesn't fix the problem. If its the phone I would get a new one, if its the card I would get a new but how am I to know for sure which it is. I did go to Verizon today and the first response was " You need a new phone." When I asked if it could possibly be the sd card I got the blank stare of death. I asked if they could put my card into another BB and try it an they said "We'll give you a new phone." As always, thats the way they fix a problem. Anyway, I got my request and tried it in a different BB and no luck. I bought a new sd card and trying it now.
    09-22-08 10:47 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD