Iv noticed that recently my curve's battery life is getting really really bad. I charged my phone all night last night. So today, i left my phone on silent throughout school, when i checked it at around 3:30, it had 85% battery life.. Which was kind of wierd since i never used it. Then i went on BeJive and just signed on and left it there untill about 6. I used the web browser for about 10mins. Throughout that time, at about 6:30 the battery was at 15%. Does anyone know a what is causing this? The only software i have installed that doesnt already come with the curve is BeJive (trial), and Opera mini.
    03-25-09 09:45 PM
    Are you closing apps down all the way when done using them?
    03-25-09 09:49 PM
    Are you closing apps down all the way when done using them?
    Yupp its always closed after im done using them.
    03-25-09 10:15 PM
    How was the signal where u were at? If it was low the bat will die quicker.
    03-25-09 10:26 PM
    Iv noticed that recently my curve's battery life is getting really really bad. I charged my phone all night last night. So today, i left my phone on silent throughout school, when i checked it at around 3:30, it had 85% battery life.. Which was kind of wierd since i never used it. Then i went on BeJive and just signed on and left it there untill about 6. I used the web browser for about 10mins. Throughout that time, at about 6:30 the battery was at 15%. Does anyone know a what is causing this? The only software i have installed that doesnt already come with the curve is BeJive (trial), and Opera mini.
    Sometimes we leave applications open without realizing it and drains the battery..... Especially when we are hearing music or watching a Movie. I had a bad habit of listening to music or watching a movie and then I would pause it and hit the end/power button thinking that I had exited the application or player. I clicked the Menu button 2 times and i saw the "now playing" words on top of the menu. whenever you want to exit the player which was my case, stop the player, hit the "menu" button and scroll down and hit "close" . .....hope this helps. please remember that your battery drain problem might be something else too, such as an operating system installation error. Uninstall OS and reinstall before you go a blow a fortune on something else, could be a bad battery too.......try all options available to you
    03-25-09 10:28 PM
    Sometimes we leave applications open without realizing it and drains the battery..... Especially when we are hearing music or watching a Movie. I had a bad habit of listening to music or watching a movie and then I would pause it and hit the end/power button thinking that I had exited the application or player. I clicked the Menu button 2 times and i saw the "now playing" words on top of the menu. whenever you want to exit the player which was my case, stop the player, hit the "menu" button and scroll down and hit "close" . .....hope this helps. please remember that your battery drain problem might be something else too, such as an operating system installation error. Uninstall OS and reinstall before you go a blow a fortune on something else, could be a bad battery too.......try all options available to you
    Wow. This hella a lot with closing apps and my options. Thanks. I'm gonna leave everything off tommorow and see what happens. That's for the advice =]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 10:36 PM
    Are you using your standbe key? This will lock your device and save your battery.
    03-26-09 12:31 AM
    One thing that has got me in the past is having my IM clients set to auto sign in, so they are always on and using data. Having this function set greatly reduces your battery life per charge.
    03-26-09 12:56 AM
    Yea it has to be leaving the applications running in the background because I can go 3 days with normal use until my phone dies... and then even then sometimes it will "die" for about a day ...
    03-26-09 12:58 PM
    Wouldn't happen to have face book on there would ya
    03-26-09 01:01 PM
    i would be willing to bet that it is a signal issue and maybe even a bluetooth issue as well. schools are nototious for having "dead zones"(not a carrier refference). if your phone is constantly searching for a signal, be it from a cell tower or your bluetooth, the battery will deplete very rapidly. if you are closing out of apps correctly and dont have facebook, or myspace open, it is more than likely you are just constantly searching for a signal. thats probably the culprit.
    03-26-09 01:12 PM
    Yea it has to be leaving the applications running in the background because I can go 3 days with normal use until my phone dies... and then even then sometimes it will "die" for about a day ...
    you are so right, Ash. There are a tons of apps that can cause a battery to drain so quickly. You make a very good point as far as going online and surfing or having bluetooth enabled all the time .
    03-26-09 01:22 PM
    It sounds like a signal issue. I can't see what carrier you are on but do a search in the various carrier forums for "PRL" and see if you have the latest list.

As others have said, use the standby key (the mute key).

And a little tip for closing apps is to hit the menu key then click 'c' for close or depemding on the app (Opera mini) click 'e' for exit. If there are more than one menu items that start with 'c' or 'e' just press it again. Its a lot faster than scrolling.

03-26-09 01:32 PM
    Well its not a signal issue. My school is in SF, a big city. I have full bars with 1xev at school at all times. I tried the turning off applications thing today. Still wasted a lot of battery just randomly. I had all applications EXCEPT Bejive on. From 3 - 7. After 2 hours of just being logged on i lost about 10% battery. After i started chatting with people for 20mins i lost 15% battery.
    03-27-09 12:12 AM
    Well its not a signal issue. My school is in SF, a big city. I have full bars with 1xev at school at all times. I tried the turning off applications thing today. Still wasted a lot of battery just randomly. I had all applications EXCEPT Bejive on. From 3 - 7. After 2 hours of just being logged on i lost about 10% battery. After i started chatting with people for 20mins i lost 15% battery.
    I'm having the EXACT same issue with my 8330. It's only a month old and battery fades in less than 12 hours with almost zero use, no apps running, 100% service all the time, bluetooth off, notifications/ rings on silent. Got replacement battery from Verizon and same thing happens. Did battery pull while charging and replaced. Problem was fixed for a day or so, then back to severe fade (like 8 hrs to dead). I've read about this problem on forums all over the place -- it's widespread and there's really no answer. The only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with the battery life sensor or firmware that runs it. See my battery life thread below (I'm not allowed to post urls yet, so I had to break it up:

forums. crackberry. com/f52/impossible-battery-life-question-190075
    03-27-09 01:38 PM
    yeah, I, as well as many others I have read about, are having this problem.... for me it has been just the past week. No clear answer yet.... I close ALL APPS, deleted facebook, etc. with no luck..
    03-27-09 03:35 PM
    This was happening to me a few months ago. My phone was still under warrantee so Verizon gave me a new battery 1st and had me delete any 3rd party themes I had installed. Then I also deleted pretty much every 3rd party app and the battery was still bad. After about a week, verizon sent me a new phone and my battery life has been excellent since. It was a refurb but it looked just like a brand new phone. Its great.

I now have a few themes and lots of apps and keep a good battery life and lots of memory.

03-27-09 03:42 PM
    I know when I use my bluetooth all day it wears a lot on my battery.
    I am on my phone, talking or messaging almost all day and I still make it
    all day with my battery. When I don't use bluetooth I can make it almost
    two days. And I do have msn messenger open, lots of messaging going on.
    03-27-09 03:47 PM
    This was happening to me a few months ago. My phone was still under warrantee so Verizon gave me a new battery 1st and had me delete any 3rd party themes I had installed. Then I also deleted pretty much every 3rd party app and the battery was still bad. After about a week, verizon sent me a new phone and my battery life has been excellent since. It was a refurb but it looked just like a brand new phone. Its great.

I now have a few themes and lots of apps and keep a good battery life and lots of memory.

What I find so ridiculous is that RIM hasn't addressed this issue even though so many people have experienced it. If the battery drain and recharge doesn't work, I'm going to ask Verizon for a replacement BB as well.
    03-27-09 06:38 PM
    Ahh. So should i ask for a battery from sprint? Or do i have to say its broken or something? This battery life is really getting anoying to me. I have to limit using me phone now and its REALLY pissing me off. I came home today with 25% battery with not that much use on it.
    03-28-09 01:26 AM
    Hey, you're not alone. But I only realized this about a month after getting my curve that the battery life drains when wifi is on. Make sure that your wifi connection is OFF. Then again...mine is an 8320..8330 doesn't have wifi..hahaha my bad. I guess i'm posting a useless post then..lol...good for us 8320 owners then I guess.
    03-28-09 04:38 AM
    Ahh. So should i ask for a battery from sprint? Or do i have to say its broken or something? This battery life is really getting anoying to me. I have to limit using me phone now and its REALLY pissing me off. I came home today with 25% battery with not that much use on it.
    You should definitely go to Sprint and explain the problem. Verizon said the 1 yr warantee covered the battery. They gave me a new one, but the problem remains. I'm almost 100% sure it's a problem with the phone itself.
    03-28-09 09:20 AM
    Try a new battery first...
    03-28-09 09:22 AM
    dont tell sprint anything having to do any form of tampering. Just explain your problem and let them figure it out. .....Eventually they will either replace the batteryand/or replace your device........good luck
    03-28-09 09:26 AM
    You should definitely go to Sprint and explain the problem. Verizon said the 1 yr warantee covered the battery. They gave me a new one, but the problem remains. I'm almost 100% sure it's a problem with the phone itself.

Yep. Verizon wouldn't order me a new phone until I tried a new battery 1st. Then when that didn't work and deleting the 3rd party stuff, they assumed it a hardware problem and ordered a new phone.
    03-28-09 10:49 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD