Is there any reason that a legacy device, such as my 8310, couldn't be reactivated on AT&T's network?

Asking for a friend
    01-26-17 04:44 PM
    That's too old. It probably runs on 2g network which is no longer supported by at&t. If your friend likes the form, just get a used at&t 9900, which should work on 3g/4g.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    mrhobbsworth likes this.
    01-26-17 05:04 PM
    What does your friend need in a phone? Maybe your BlackBerry would be exactly what he needs.

You could always get an unlock code for the phone and try a different carrier such as TMobile for service. I know their EDGE network still works well.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 01:22 AM
    What does your friend need in a phone? Maybe your BlackBerry would be exactly what he needs.

You could always get an unlock code for the phone and try a different carrier such as TMobile for service. I know their EDGE network still works well.

Posted via CB10
    Primarily... email. Unfortunately, we suspect that it does not support IMAP. I seem to recall having to subscribe to a service to keep mobile and client in sync.
    02-16-17 06:47 AM
    I'm not sure which email this phone supports as I have never set one up. However, would using a pop mail account work? Then you could just set up the IMAP email account to forward to the other email and use it that way?

I would imagine trying to set it up over wifi would give you a good indication if it would work or not before you tried setting it up with a SIM?

Sorry I couldn't be much help, but I hope you find an answer.

Posted via CB10
    mrhobbsworth likes this.
    02-16-17 07:50 PM
    Primarily... email. Unfortunately, we suspect that it does not support IMAP. I seem to recall having to subscribe to a service to keep mobile and client in sync.
    This version of BlackBerry phone requires a BlackBerry Internet service. Not sure about At&t but this service has been systematically shut down by network providers round the world.

Since you are in the US and phones are dirt cheap just spend probably $200 for a BlackBerry classic or passport. It may even cost less.
    mrhobbsworth likes this.
    02-17-17 08:10 AM