yeah so i keep getting these random sms texts from 1111470500 which says WVCI 1.1 1234567, lol it wont stop and i dont know what it is any know?
    08-12-08 06:03 PM
    08-12-08 06:06 PM
    oh cool i think i fixed it, thanks a lot
    08-12-08 06:11 PM
    NP glad I could help.............
    08-12-08 06:12 PM
    Please help. I am getting the same random text messages. I tried going to the link that was posted before but it is no longer availble. Can you tell me how you made them stop?
    05-12-09 12:32 PM
    Getting it here on an AT&T Bold - anybody know what the dead link used to tell?
    12-28-09 07:09 PM
    read somewhere it has to do with OZ messenger
    12-29-09 05:54 PM
    Taken from:
    How to Block Cellphone Spam - Pogue�s Posts Blog - NYTimes.com

I heard from an AT&T representative who revealed the presence of an astonishing little-known cellular feature: you can block cellular spam.

�Our customers can get onto our Web site,� he wrote, �and set their handset so that it receives no messages from the Internet, the origin of the vast majority of wireless spam.�

He also said:

�Text messages sent from the Internet are addressed as follows: [Your 10-digit wireless number]@txt.att.net.

�What spammers try to do, of course, is attempt to guess your number, largely by trial and error. This brings me to the second capability we offer our customers. Let�s say you want to block spam, but still want to receive messages originating from the Net that you would actually find useful (airline schedules, hotel reservations, etc.). For this purpose, we let you replace your wireless number with an alias. It could be some quirky name, or whatever you like. [You share this address only with people you know.] This could disrupt the guessing game spammers play to try to discern your number and sent you their junk.

�Though not perfect, our efforts have helped keep spam in the category of minor, though annoying, phenomenon. Thanks for listening.�

The beauty of this feature, of course, is that it blocks ONLY text messages from the Internet. Your friends, using cellphones, can still text you.

* AT&T: Log in at mymessages.wireless.att.com. Under Preferences, you�ll see the text-blocking and alias options. Here�s also where you can block messages from specific e-mail addresses or Web sites.

Hope it helps

Jack
    12-29-09 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD