Hey all,

I have found similar topics to this with no real answer so I am bringing it up again.

My curve will randomly shut down, battery completely connected and no other problems to speak of. It generally happens only when I am talking on the phone, or on the internet, which is odd to me.

It seems to have started after I installed the new desktop software but I have no idea why that would have any effect.

Furthermore, after it shuts down, the ONLY way to turn it back on is to remove the battery, and then it still may not turn on until I plug it into the wall. It seems to be fine when charging (aka never shuts off while talking on phone or on internet), but I am very tired of having to pull out my laptop and connect my phone to it to make important calls.

Any help? I would just get a new phone but I would rather upgrade, but Tmobile doesnt support Bold or new curve yet to my knowledge.

Andy
    02-05-09 05:09 PM
    Your battery is shot.. You will need to get a new battery.. The same thing happened to mine. I could send sms and recieve sms but anything else. i.e. internet, talking, mms, bbm, yahoo im.. would make my phone shut off and i couldnt turn it back on unless i plugged it in, and if it did come back on without plugging it back up the battery was all the way dead and couldnt use radio use.
    02-05-09 05:20 PM
    I guess that makes sense.....damn

OK well thanks at least!

Andy
    02-05-09 05:40 PM
    My Pearl has been doing this since I bricked it during an update.(program froze) I've since wiped it and restored it again. It shuts off even when plugged in, but only when not in use. Any ideas how to fix this?

(sorry, didn't realize this was a Curve thread)
    Last edited by Shining_epiphany; 02-05-09 at 08:06 PM.
    02-05-09 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD