My verizon curve running .160 has been randomly restarting but it only recently started wass running .160 for bout month without any problems. Anyone else having this issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 02:22 PM
    My verizon curve running .160 has been randomly restarting but it only recently started wass running .160 for bout month without any problems. Anyone else having this issue?

Your media card maybe corrupted. Save your media card contents to desktop comp via USB in mass storage mode. Disconnect from desktop and format media card, this will wipe your media card and then install back what you have saved.
    07-01-09 02:40 PM
    What would cause It to become corrupt?

07-01-09 09:59 PM
    battery. if all else fails replace battery its what i did. and my bb works fine now.
    07-02-09 01:50 AM
    I'm under warranty with verizon and want to take it in cuz its not only problem I'm having but I upgraded to .160 to get rid of annoying speakerphone blast.....will they know or should I downgrade first?

07-02-09 04:16 PM
    Downgrade to .77 before taking it in:

BlackBerry® Software Updates
    07-02-09 04:19 PM
    will they be able to tell that i upgraded then downgraded? or no as long as its .77 ill be fine?
    07-02-09 07:30 PM
    I've had the same problem for the past 4 days. I pulled the memory card, reformatted it, and the problem has been resolved. I would not have thought that a corrupted memory card would have created this problem, but it looks like it did.
    07-03-09 01:02 AM
    battery....
    07-03-09 01:06 AM
    If it is the battery, then a simple test will help you check.

Plug the BB into a charger. Do the things that would cause the restarts, rebooting. If your BB is ok while on the charger, then it is most likely the battery that is going bad and can't supply enough constant current to your BB during high demand activity.

07-03-09 01:12 AM
    So would verizon be able to tell that I upgraded and downgraded back to .77? And what about 3rd party apps? Will verizon deny my warranty because of 3rd party apps or no

07-03-09 12:39 PM
    They wouldn't be able to tell what OS you had on the device prior to the one on it.

As for third party apps., when they tell you they are giving you a replacement device, do a wipe handheld:

Options > Security Options > General Settings, Enter, Menu > Wipe Handheld. There will be a prompt if you want to delete 3rd party apps, select Yes.
    07-03-09 01:09 PM
    Another vote for trying a reformat of your media card. Had a similar problem on my 8320 after an upgrade and that fixed the problem.

Since then, I always remove the media card before doing any software upgrades just to be safe.
    07-03-09 01:16 PM
    so the third party apps will disqualify the warranty? and i cant see about a replacement till i take it in so i should backup wipe handheld before i take it in?
    07-03-09 05:04 PM
    so the third party apps will disqualify the warranty? and i cant see about a replacement till i take it in so i should backup wipe handheld before i take it in?
    The third party apps won't invalidate the warranty. You should be wiping the BB anyway of all your personal data, so you might as well wipe the 3rd party stuff as well.

You can just initiate the wipe at the store, after they tell you that they are going to give you another BB.
    07-03-09 05:08 PM
    well im gunna backup my contacts etc before i take it in so i might as well wipe it before i get there thanks for all the info greatly apreciate it!
    07-03-09 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD