Has anyone ever received random or phantom e-mails on their Curve? This morning, I get this random e-mail from Yahoo...not from a person, just Yahoo to my AOL account. The subject line said "Yahoo from iPhone." I didn't want to open it on my phone, so I logged on to my AOL account only to see that this mysterious Yahoo e-mail was not there. But what I did see what an e-mail from someone I did know that never appeared on my Curve. Then it immediately disappeared! I have never had this problem before and was wondering if anyone else had experienced this.

I'm scared through some on my downloads, upgrades, etc. I may have gotten some bug on my phone. Is there a way to do a "virus" check like on your PC?
    10-10-08 05:34 AM
    There are no BlackBerry viruses, so no virus check software. I can't explain the mysterious Yahoo message, but text messages that disappear before you can read them are a classic symptom of low free memory on your device.

Check your free memory: Options / Status / File Free:

Any time "File Free" drops below 12 000 000 bytes, the phone will start deleting call logs and text messages without warning to free up memory. Text messages may be deleted as soon as they arrive, before you have had time to read them.

A battery pull recovers memory and will alleviate the problem temporarily. The solution is to remove the stuff you don't need (the sample video, wallpaper, themes, other languages, brickbreaker, etc.) from the device's memory. The following procedure, originally written by Forums Moderator Reed McLay will guide you:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Also, if you have a Media Card, be sure to put pictures, videos, music, and ringtones on it, not in your device's memory. Keep in mind that Media Card memory is not device memory. You have to keep your device memory above 12 000 000 bytes, regardless of the capacity of your Media Card or how much free space it has. Finally, you can't at this time run programs from a Media Card. Programs have to be installed in and executed in device memory.
    10-10-08 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD