Hi,

I have a Blackberry Curve with firmware version 4.5.0.124 on ATT wireless without a data plan, so I want full control of my data access. Currently I have to turn data on in order to receive and send MMS messages. My phone accesses the data connection even when it is completely idle. What is it looking for/synching up with? Can I make it so it only accesses the data connection when I actually open an application that uses data connections?
    03-01-09 12:21 PM
    Devices are built to access to check for email etc. there is no setting that I know of for what you are trying to do.
    03-01-09 12:23 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    No, there is no setting to my knowledge that controls when and how the device pulls information. Mine does it all the time for no apparent reason that I can see anyway. To get the most out of your BB I highly recommend the data plan. Also when you have the time; reading the 101 Lecture Series and the Tips and How To's have a wealth of information that will really help you get to know your BB and get the most out of it.

It is worth it to me to have the data plan. I'm with AT&T and am very happy with their service.

~Jazzi~

Last edited by Jazzi-Rocks; 03-01-09 at 01:24 PM.
    03-01-09 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD