This morning on my Curve, I went to check the weather, but it told me it couldn't since the radio was turned off. Facebook also had the same problem..I briefly looked around my blackberry, in the settings, but could not find out how to turn the radio on. I did not mess with any settings last night or this morning..

So, could someone please inform me on how to turn the radio on?
    09-12-08 06:24 AM
    Choose Manage Connections icon and then make sure Mobile network has a check in the box.
    09-12-08 06:35 AM
    I think its your internet connection, becaause mine only does it when i try to access the internet and my battery is too low. A message will pop up saying "radio off.. please recharge device soon" or smmn like that...
    09-12-08 06:37 AM
    Yea, when ur battery is too low the phone connection shuts off u cant receieve any data

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-08 06:40 AM
    Choose Manage Connections icon and then make sure Mobile network has a check in the box.
    It does.

And to the others, that's the message; however, my battery is fully charged..

Could it just be alltel messing up?
    09-12-08 07:00 AM
    try a battery pull
    09-12-08 07:01 AM
    I am on alltel and all is well with mine.. Try making a phone call

09-12-08 10:00 AM
    I've done a battery pull, and checked the wireless network box..
    I ran a diagnostic and it said, radio something: NO...
    Charged it for 2 hours, it's fully charged..

I can't text, make calls, do facebook, email, or internet.
    It's really annoying...Also, before I did the battery pull, where the signal bars are, it had none except an x. Now it hax 1x and 3 bars.

I've called it from my house phone and goes straight to my voicemail..my phone is on.
    I'm 99.9999% sure I didn't change any "radio" settings or anything...

So anyone know anything else that could solve this problem??
    I really really need my phone tonight..
    Thanks
    09-12-08 04:36 PM
    Maybe it's a network issue? Is anyone else you know with Alltel having trouble?
    09-12-08 04:38 PM
    do you have low battery that maks the radio turn off
    09-12-08 04:43 PM
    do you have low battery that maks the radio turn off
    He just said he charged the battery for 2 hours. It either has to be something with the network, or it has something to do with the phone itself.
    09-12-08 04:45 PM
    The radio turned itself off when the battery was low at some point. However, RIM failed to make the device turn the radio back on upon charging.

Simply dial 911 and hang up before you actually place the call. This will enable the radio and your phone will function normally.

09-12-08 04:49 PM
    Maybe not the answer you want, but call your carrier.
    It seems you have done everything else you can do yourself.
    09-12-08 04:50 PM
    The radio turned itself off when the battery was low at some point. However, RIM failed to make the device turn the radio back on upon charging.

Simply dial 911 and hang up before you actually place the call. This will enable the radio and your phone will function normally.

Always worked fine for me.
    09-12-08 04:52 PM

I did this...still doesn't work. I didn't want to wait too long, just long enough for it to say 911-Emergency call on it..

Amazinglygraceless, I'll probably just have to do that...it'll just be tomorrow =/

Thanks everyone.
    09-12-08 04:54 PM
    Did you pay your bill?
    09-12-08 06:35 PM
    I was having issues on vzw with my data services not working all morning. No reported outages. Then my service resumed mid-morning. Not sure, but perhaps this is related.

09-12-08 06:38 PM
    We are having the same problems here with 2 different berries (an 8300 and an 8330) both with ATT.

They are fine and all of the sudden the radio function is turned off.

Batteries are charged, bills are paid, ........

What gives?????
    09-30-08 10:08 AM
    same problem here today. verizon 8830 - didn't receive any calls this morning in my house, where i have never had a problem. suddenly got the "6 voicemails" notification at 11AM. very irritating.
    09-30-08 10:26 AM
    i have also started getting emails in big batches instead of continuously.

and over the weekend it quit retaining any messages over 6 hours old, although it seems to have started retaining again.
    09-30-08 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD