From time to time I come to find out that the radio on my Curve is OFF and I know that when the battery gets low that BBs automatically turn it off but my batterys either 100% full or close to it... what could be the problem?
    01-06-09 04:09 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull?
    01-06-09 04:13 PM
    Not to sound like a complete noob..but radio as in am fm?
    01-06-09 04:50 PM
    I do as they say "a battery pull a day, keeps the doctor away" and I can obviously turn the radio back on without having to do a battery pull by just going to manage my connections and turning it back on but I don't understand why it turns off by itself in the first place. And when I say radio tanners21, I'm talking about the radio connection of our phones to whatever network we have. Basically the signal. When the radio is off its kinda like on airplane mode. Cant make or receive phone calls or texts or anything.
    01-07-09 08:03 AM
    Not to sound like a complete noob..but radio as in am fm?
    That was funny, no by radio they mean the phone part of a blackberry device
    01-07-09 08:15 AM
    yea i knew that...
    01-11-09 04:38 PM
    My curve's radio turns off randomly too. Doesn't appear to be connected to the battery life. It did it tonight with 60% battery and when I go to manage connections, it shows the network is on. I have to do a battery pull to get all connections up. Very curious, can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by gymmom101; 01-12-09 at 11:51 PM.
    01-12-09 11:37 PM
    8130 doing the same thing... anyone have an update? Think this started after 4.5.0.blah upgrade...
    01-24-09 09:03 PM
    This drove me nuts... My phone seemed on but when I checked the radio was off and I wasnt receiving calls. Some times it took hours and other times it was a matter of minutes before turning back off. I updated software and also played with the battery to no avail. Recently ive been to a couple phone dealers and apparently there is nothing you can to do fix this problem. Its in the circuitry and the phone needs to be replaced so dont waste your time. My dealer refunded it and hopefully yours will too. good luck
    03-22-09 10:17 PM
    I get the same issue too.
    04-11-09 08:11 AM
    IT might be an issue with a third party application. If you all talk to one another and see if there is a common demonitator, this might help.

I also found this. I know with VZW that each device will authenticate with the network every so soften. You might want to do register now to see if this helps or,

Overview
    You are unable to register your device on the wireless network, and the device radio shuts off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cause
    The device is not registered or active on the wireless network.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resolution
    First, reset the handheld.

Then, register the device with the wireless network.

If the above resolution does not solve the problem, switch the Roaming setting.

From the device Home screen, click Options.

Click the trackwheel and select Network Settings.

Select Roaming. Change the option from U.S. to Canada and save the change. Then, change the option back to U.S. and save the change again.
    Last edited by lastraid; 04-11-09 at 08:21 AM.
    04-11-09 08:17 AM
    I still don't know what is meant by "radio".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 12:42 PM
    Radio = the way the device transmits its signal for voice and data. When it turns off phone does not work
    Last edited by lastraid; 04-11-09 at 12:59 PM.
    04-11-09 12:49 PM
    I still don't know what is meant by "radio".

It just means service pretty much. That has been explained 3 times, maybe four. There is no other explanation for it really.for a better explanation or for a solid one check your owner's manual. If it's not there then just trust what you've read. Your fellow BBers won't lead you astray.

04-11-09 12:54 PM
    I had this same problem after I upgraded my software. I had noticed that Facebook wasnt updating like it did before I upgraded. Then I started getting the "radio off" message. When I would look in options it WAS on. After getting really frustrated I decided to eliminate the one thing I was sure was not working correctly....Facebook. As soon as I deleted it my phone started working properly. I dont know if this is anyone else's problem but so far it has worked for me.
    04-12-09 03:09 PM
    About this radio problem is that, for me at least, with a full battery, it only seems to occur a) when I have tried to send an email with a few lines of text through my gmail app or b) and VERY FREQUENTLY I might add, when I am using the standard browser. When I use opera and when I don't use the gmail app, it seems just fine.

So my solution - get rid of the gmail & googile mobile apps, and use opera instead of the BB browser, for me anyway. Makes for happy blackberrying. Hope this helps.

Amy
    02-15-10 09:52 AM
    Fyi, register instructions:
    Register Device: Click options> click advanced options> roll down and click host routing table> press your menu key> select register now> click back and close.

02-15-10 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD