my gmail was working very poorly, so i found the instructions on this site that linked me to the gmail support forums to set it up properly. now i get emails INSTANTLY! and i get all of them, not just 30% of them!

but once i did this... i get a notification sound, i get the envelope at the top, but i DONT get the little (1)[email protected] when i highlight the email icon! there is also no star beside it indicating a new email, only at the top little envelope.

is there a simple way to get this back? it worked before, but my emails didnt always get through. now they do and i lost this feature!

thanks!
    02-20-09 10:56 AM
    Did you hide the e-mail foders?
    02-20-09 11:03 AM
    no they're not hidden. and i still get the notification on my other email
    02-20-09 11:03 AM
    Did you download another theme? Sometimes a theme will be made that doesn't contain everything a default BB theme would. Also, did you try to do a battery pull after you got everything set up? If not try that and see if it works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 11:37 AM
    Did you download another theme? Sometimes a theme will be made that doesn't contain everything a default BB theme would. Also, did you try to do a battery pull after you got everything set up? If not try that and see if it works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    and sure enough a battery pull did the trick. i thought i already tried that after i changed the settings. oh well thats why im a blackberry newb haha

THANKS! loving this thing
    02-20-09 12:29 PM
    Awesome that it worked for you. When in doubt do a battery pull is what I have found. It solves more problems than one would imagine.

~Jazzi~

02-20-09 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD