is there a certain version of quickpull I have to download?
    Is there different versions even?
    Does anyone have a direct link? I googled it and came up with a bunch of websites but want the most reliable and free. Thanks for all who help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 10:04 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/qui...leased-201305/

04-20-09 10:06 AM
    Also you could just hold down ATL+SHIFT+DEL and that does a reset. Kinda pointless to DL an app that you can just manually do on your phone.
    04-20-09 10:20 AM
    Also you could just hold down ATL+SHIFT+DEL and that does a reset. Kinda pointless to DL an app that you can just manually do on your phone.
    I guess that's true but you can't schedule the ATL+SHIFT+DEL like you can QuickPull. I have mine set to reboot at 4am every morning. It might be overkill but I have very few memory issues.
    04-20-09 11:20 AM
    I use it for a scheduled reboot at around 4 am. It's easier that way.

04-20-09 11:50 AM
    thanks skullgames for the defense. I didn't think the color bothered anyone either. I've been using it for a little while and this was first time I got a complaint. But thanks to all for the information it was all helpful. I will download the pull and I will also use the helpful tip of the alt + shift + del too so I can quit pullin my battery all the time. Thanks again to all who gave there opinion whether it was about the pull or text color.

04-20-09 11:56 AM
    OK, I gotta say, I can barely see your typing. That color is very light and the font somewhat small on my monitor, which is a new HP 24" HiRes LCD. I quickly became frustrated trying to read it.

No big deal, I would normally just move on...

Have a great day!
    04-20-09 12:03 PM
    Just downloaded QP ver. 1.2 since I'm on OS 4.3.

Gives me the message: 'The device is required to reset to complete module installation or removal. Notice 1 of 5.
    Reset Now
    Reset Later

I am assuming this is like rebooting windows after an installation and should proceed with the "Reset Now"???

Always very cautious with my berry.
    04-20-09 12:14 PM
    Just downloaded QP ver. 1.2 since I'm on OS 4.3.

Gives me the message: 'The device is required to reset to complete module installation or removal. Notice 1 of 5.
    Reset Now
    Reset Later

I am assuming this is like rebooting windows after an installation and should proceed with the "Reset Now"???

Always very cautious with my berry.
    Reset Now is what you want to do..
    You'll get that message 5 times until you do.
    04-20-09 01:23 PM
    That's what I thought. Took the leap; all is well. Thx.

Chrystal: depends on the OS you are running on your BB. Ver2 is for OS 4.5 & 4.6.

04-20-09 01:34 PM
    is there a certain version of quickpull I have to download?
    Is there different versions even?
    Does anyone have a direct link? I googled it and came up with a bunch of websites but want the most reliable and free. Thanks for all who help.
    I am glad you got your answer. I do have to say, this is a very hard color to read. I had to highlight your posts to even read them. Maybe there is a different shade of pink you can use.

It is not pointless. Many people appreciate being able to re-boot at night in their sleep.
    04-20-09 01:42 PM
    What does Quick-Pull do that the BB Auto On/Off. Doesn't?

04-20-09 01:56 PM
    Quick pull simulates a battery pull without removing the battery. Auto On/Off turns it off, but doesn't reboot it.
    04-20-09 01:59 PM
    I use Quick Pull at 4am every night. Keeps my memory at 46MB+ all of the time now. I'm anal about my free memory lol. Quick Pull just makes me not worry about it.

V2 is for 4.5 and up and 1.x for lower.

04-20-09 02:10 PM
    So, Quick Pull is a software that you have to download to your BB? Does it reboot the device memory only or does it also reconfigure the SD memory?
    04-20-09 03:26 PM
    Device memory only; freeing up device memory. Version to download depends on which OS you are running on your device. OS 4.5 and up can use ver. 2; older OS's use ver. 1.2

[URL="http://http://software.crackberry.com/PlatformMain.asp?platform=5&sString=quickpull"]

I just downloaded it today.
    Last edited by Irwin II; 04-20-09 at 03:39 PM.
    04-20-09 03:34 PM
    Yes, you download it to your BB. I has nothing to do with your memory/media card.
    04-20-09 03:34 PM
    sorry about the color pink.

04-20-09 03:41 PM
    That is ok. AND this is MUCH better.
    04-20-09 04:26 PM
    So, Quick Pull is a software that you have to download to your BB? Does it reboot the device memory only or does it also reconfigure the SD memory?
    It doesn't, and shouldn't, affect anything on your media card.
    04-20-09 04:48 PM

Thank you Chrystal for being considerate.
    04-20-09 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD