From what I have read through my searches...

1. Even though I could send and receive picture mail through my "inferior" Sprint Rumor, I cannot do so through my 8330? Is it true that I can only send pictures to other sprint users through email? And the only way I can view pictures sent to me is by clicking on the URL in the message and going to the website? What is someone on say the Verizon network sends me picture mail?

2. Is it also true that with the 4.3 OS I cannot support HTML email?
    09-05-08 11:59 PM
    Not quite sure what your asking on question 1. Are you asking about viewing pics that are sent as attachments from email?

For the 2nd question, you need OS 4.5 to view HTML email.
    09-06-08 12:14 AM
    From what I have read through my searches...

1. Even though I could send and receive picture mail through my "inferior" Sprint Rumor, I cannot do so through my 8330? Is it true that I can only send pictures to other sprint users through email? And the only way I can view pictures sent to me is by clicking on the URL in the message and going to the website? What is someone on say the Verizon network sends me picture mail?

2. Is it also true that with the 4.3 OS I cannot support HTML email?
    I think he is asking about picture mail and text messaging.

1. part 1 - No. this is a part that Sprint left out on this Phone. Although you can do alot with the curve, this feature is unavailable. However, there is a work around. Here it is: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/sen...re-mail-66585/

Quoted by 49ways:

I haven't tried this, but these are supposed to be the work-arounds for the Sprint MMS issue:

Send to a:

Sprint handset - [email protected]

Verizon handset - [email protected]; [email protected]

TMobile handset - [email protected]

AT&T handset - [email protected]

Alltel handset - [email protected]

US Cellular handset - [email protected]

Nextel handset - [email protected]

And I've also heard that 811.com - Free SMS Text Messaging - Send free text messages, pictures, ringtones & video works for sending pics, etc. to phones.

1. part 2 - No.

1. part 3 - Yes. If someone sends you a picture email, you have to retrieve it from the Picture Mail Sprint Server.

1. part 4 - It will be the same as question 3.

2. Yes, on 4.3 you cannot view HTML emails. On 4.5 and higher you can.

Hope this helps.
    09-06-08 01:14 AM
    Thanks guys!
    09-06-08 02:12 AM
    No problem. Enjoy!

Oh, one last thing, you may have to get rid of the BB signature on your mails. That usually works.
    09-06-08 03:26 AM
    Not quite sure what your asking on question 1. Are you asking about viewing pics that are sent as attachments from email?

For the 2nd question, you need OS 4.5 to view HTML email.
    OR on 4.3 you need another software called Empower or BBSmart- this will give html email. Both can be purchased here. I run empower at the moment. Will remove when my carrier releases 4.5
    09-06-08 06:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD