I don't have the internet on my phone because my carrier does not support BB but will be swiching over to VZW soon. Have a question for you folks about using the internet.
    Is it the same as on your computer? Do all the panes and hypelinks show up? Will I have to set things up to allow java scripts?

My son just got an iPhone and maybe he doesn't have everything set up right but some of the WEB pages that I went to did not completely load....missing icons & hyperlinks etc. Was pretty dissapointed. Not bashing the iPhone, like I said maybe he did not have it all set up yet.

Thanx
    01-07-09 09:20 PM
    It is not identical to pc but it shows everything you need. Try opera mini if u don't like the native browser. Its free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 09:32 PM
    You should also be aware that you won't be able to use your 8310 on VZW.
    01-07-09 09:41 PM
    You should also be aware that you won't be able to use your 8310 on VZW.
    Yes I am aware of that. I got this phone for free so I'm using it (without a data plan) until the Unicel buyout by VZW is complete. I then plan on purchasing a storm.
    01-07-09 09:50 PM
    It is different. Most site have a mobile version and everything important will be there. Some 3rd party browsers like Opera Mini that will load a whole webpage that you will need to use a magnifying function that will make different parts of a page readable. I actually don't mind the mobile views. Make sure you get the data plan.

01-07-09 09:55 PM
    It is different. Most site have a mobile version and everything important will be there. Some 3rd party browsers like Opera Mini that will load a whole webpage that you will need to use a magnifying function that will make different parts of a page readable. I actually don't mind the mobile views. Make sure you get the data plan.

Yeah, gotchya on the data plan.
    So how would I be able to get to the mobile version? Is that a .wap instead of .com?
    01-09-09 11:24 AM
    For here it is WAP.crackberry.com for others it is like m.ESPN.com

01-09-09 11:28 AM
    The web is best on a BB if it's a mobile site. I have 2 banks. One has a mobile site that is a breeze to use. The other isn't and thought I can muddle through to conduct my business, it a pain in the @$$.
    01-09-09 11:31 AM
    For here it is WAP.crackberry.com for others it is like m.ESPN.com

So how the heck does one find out if a site offers a mobile version?
    01-09-09 11:56 AM
    I usually look up sites on google to get the mobile site info.

01-09-09 12:05 PM
    Google a site + Blackberry such as ESPN Blackberry or CNN Blackberry. That will bring you mobile results and Blackberry if they something specific for BB's.
    01-09-09 12:08 PM
    SWEET!!!....learn something new from this site every day. Thanx for the info
    01-09-09 01:44 PM
    You're welcome.

BlacKberryfucius say: "So much BB to learn, so few days in a lifetime"
    01-09-09 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD