To find your file free go to Options>Status and tell us what it says in the line "File free".

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

My File Free says 6720416 Bytes. Is this good or bad?
    09-05-10 09:57 PM
    You wouldn't be able to see it even if you were on the regular forums.

You can't see something that doesn't exist.

Lol. This is true. How do you put that info under your name?
    09-05-10 09:58 PM
    there is a micro SD card located behind the battery, out of the box they come with a 1GB card i think you can upgrade to as high as 16GB maybe 32GB, i bought an 8GB for mine at walmart for $25
    changing them can be tricky took my 30 min to figure out to put the new card in the door and then close it LOL
    09-05-10 10:11 PM
    app memory is around 100 MB it goes quickly so be choosy about what you install and be sure to leave some empty room for buffering and what not
    09-05-10 10:14 PM
    ===== QUOTE lak611 ====

To find your file free go to Options>Status and tell us what it says in the line "File free".

===== /QUOTE ====

My File Free says 6720416 Bytes. Is this good or bad?
    That's bad. That is around 6.41 MB. If you get lower than 12 MB, your device will start hourglassing and deleting emails/SMS to preserve memory. I would definitely suggest that you check out the thread "how to increase BlackBerrys file free memory". Do a forum search to find it.

09-06-10 12:01 AM
    app memory is around 100 MB it goes quickly so be choosy about what you install and be sure to leave some empty room for buffering and what not
    There is no way to have 100 MB file free on an 8330. The 8330 only has 96 MB onboard memory, with no OS installed.

09-06-10 12:06 AM
    i meant just the total memory never said it was all free
    09-06-10 01:24 AM
    That's bad. That is around 6.41 MB. If you get lower than 12 MB, your device will start hourglassing and deleting emails/SMS to preserve memory. I would definitely suggest that you check out the thread "how to increase BlackBerrys file free memory". Do a forum search to find it.

That's bad? This phone is brand new. I downloaded nothing, no apps. It only hour glasses when I want to send a picture.

I did have tons of emails and messages. I just deleted them.

Thanks guys! Totally appreciate it more than you know.

Hey....is there a way to block my number to outside calls?
    09-07-10 07:08 PM
    ===== QUOTE lak611 ====

===== /QUOTE ====

That's bad? This phone is brand new. I downloaded nothing, no apps. It only hour glasses when I want to send a picture.

I did have tons of emails and messages. I just deleted them.

Thanks guys! Totally appreciate it more than you know.

Hey....is there a way to block my number to outside calls?
    The Boost 5.0 OS uses a ton of memory. I would definitely suggest shrinking the OS or using a hybrid. Otherwise, the slowdown due to low memory will continue.

I'm not aware of free call blocking apps. However, there are several paid apps available in the CrackBerry store.

09-07-10 07:12 PM
    You have been so helpful!

Tell me. Where does it say what OS I have?
    09-07-10 07:28 PM
    You have been so helpful!

Tell me. Where does it say what OS I have?
    If you go to Options>About, you will see your OS.
    09-07-10 08:25 PM
    deleting emails/SMS to preserve memory.

This, right here solved all my hour glass problems!! I deleted tons of emails, messages and texts.

Very fast now when I send pictures and no more hourglassing! Thank you so much!!
    Last edited by China Moon; 09-08-10 at 10:09 AM.
    09-08-10 10:07 AM
    It was : 6720416

Now my File Free is: 3401424

After I have deleted all my emails and messages and texts! It is worse, yes?
    09-09-10 10:05 AM
    Yeah, it is. I really don't understand how your getting so low memory. I have never went under I think 11 MBs at the worst.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 11:49 AM
    Me either. And this phone is like not even a month old and I have downloaded nothing except Yahoo Messenger.

So what do you think I should do?
    09-09-10 11:52 AM
    Well I said this in a different thread, but if I were you I would wipe the phone and then reload the OS or a hybrid. That will probably fix your problem.

09-09-10 11:55 AM
    Yeah, it is. I really don't understand how your getting so low memory. I have never went under I think 11 MBs at the worst.

Omg. Now it is 19.5MB.

Is that better? Deleting all those apps and then pulling the battery out must have did it!
    09-09-10 11:55 AM
    Well I said this in a different thread, but if I were you I would wipe the phone and then reload the OS or a hybrid. That will probably fix your problem.

It is too hard for me to do that. I read all about it and I so don't understand how to do it. I read that link, you posted, I think it was you...and I don't think I could do it
    09-09-10 11:56 AM
    Yeah, that's actually pretty good. I mean I still think you should get a hybrid because after a battery pull I get 25 MBs. But yes that is actually good. Just do a battery pull twice a day in your case, and you should be fine.

09-09-10 11:58 AM
    Thank You So Much!! I totally appreciate it!
    09-09-10 12:00 PM
    Thank You So Much!! I totally appreciate it!
    Your welcome, always happy to help a fellow CrackBerry member

09-09-10 12:10 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD