Hi all --

I am hoping you can help me answer some questions I have, or point to a resource that can.

1) The button on top of the device ('Mute' button i think) is no longer responding to anything when pushed. No message abt muting stuff, nothing. It used to work and now it seems to have stopped doing anything useful. Is there a setting to configure this buttons functionality, is it worn out, other possibilities??? Looking for comments or suggests about making this mute again, or something.

2) Calendar alerts show on screen but I never get a 'ding' or 'beep' of anything when they are reminding me about appointment etc, is there a way to change this?

3) Sound profiles -- What are level 1 alerts?

4) Is there a way to change the default web browser? I have Opera mini installed and would like to use it.

5) Twitterberry messages in 'friends timeline' cause message light to blink, but there is no on-screen indicator, is this a limitation of the app or can it be configured differently.

I thinks that all for now, but thanks in advance for you assistance on these questions.

Andy.
    10-28-09 10:15 AM
    For number 1 I would do a battery pull with device on. Number two look into calendar and options to see if it is set for a audio alert. Number three I believe you can set bbm and other apps to be level one so it will be can be a different sound that other messages. number 4 I don't have opera but I would think in opera, menu, options there would be a setting to make it be the default..
    10-28-09 10:50 AM
    1. If they battery pull doesn't fix it, then the hardware (ie the switch under the button) is likely broken or has moisture damage.

2. Did you set an audible alert for the Calendar in your Profiles?

3. PIN messages are typically set as Level 1 messages.

4. No there is no way to do this currently.

5. No idea. But be cautious using that without a tethering plan on Verizon. You might get a large data bill from them.
    10-28-09 11:08 AM
    I thought I saw a post with opera that you could set it as default??? Maybe only in 5.0??
    10-28-09 11:16 AM
    i have tried to make opera my default browser for a long time and cant...i dont think it is an option...would be nice if you could on 5.0 though.

as far as the calendar alert-if you go under profiles then advanced then calendar you can change it to whatever you want.
    10-28-09 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD