Recently i downgraded to 4.2.2.180, i was running 4.5.0.44. No need to get into why i downgraded, it was a mistake because i thought something was wrong that wasnt....sigh.

I loved the os when i was running it, but heres my question. Right now after the downgrade with virtually the same apps and memory cleaning proccesses followed im at about 31mb free. Which is great! But when running .44 i was only at about 24. Now i no 24 mbs is nothing to thumb my nose at, but god do i love being above 30. Why was there such a drastic change in my free memory. Simply the video recorder and new software? I did not put docs2go or whatever on my phone either.

The one issue i had with .44 was a slight memory leak which i do not have at all with the old os. Anyone know if .46 suffers from memory leaks?

Thanks all
    06-30-08 03:48 PM
    Same experience for me. Back down to .194 and standing at 32mb
    When on 4.5 the best I got was 28mb w/out D2G

I believe the added features you stated contribute to
    the reduction of memory.

I have the .46 file, but better judgment tells me to forget I do.
    Betas have not been my friend
    06-30-08 03:53 PM
    Thought so, thanks grace. So why did you downgrade? Memory leak?
    06-30-08 03:55 PM
    No never had a memory leak with any.
    One day I unholstered my BB and it gave
    me an APP error 507, from there, my k/b
    and trackball would not respond.

Features were nice, but I need this thing to work.
    06-30-08 04:00 PM
    My sentiments exactly, im thinking of going to .46. I know you are on these forums much more than me. You read any issues with it thus far? 4.2 is just slow and clunky, i had my taste and i think i want more lol
    06-30-08 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD