Hi all. At first I liked that with a quick push of the power button the device turns on. But I recently realized this could be a one problem. On a fishing trip yesterday it accidentally turned on while in the glove cmpartment. I needed it upon returning to the dock and battery was dead. I wonder if there is an app or setting or something that would require the power button to be held in for a few seconds before turning on. Thanks as usual for any help / thoughts.
    09-02-08 08:41 AM
    hold down the mute button and just put it into sleep mode. it saves nearly as much power as turning it off, but still responds to calls and locks the keyboard.
    09-02-08 09:22 AM
    Exaclty as Oakie said. That is what "standby" is for. Use a holster with a sleep magnet or the auto-standby app

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 09:23 AM
    Thanks, I understand that and do exactly that most of the time. But when on a boat and out of cell range, the phone needs to be turned off or it will continue to look for a signal until the battery drains.
    09-02-08 09:30 AM
    There is a simle fix to that too. go into manage connections and turn your radio off so it wont sit there searching for a signal
    09-02-08 09:37 AM
    Good call on turning the radio off I was about to suggest removing the battery to make sure it doesn't turn on. Silly me forgetting that you can turn the radio off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 11:59 AM
    yep, thanks. i am a little slow today
    09-02-08 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD