I want to ask the ppl who posted pics in the dyed trackball thread where they got the black keys to the left and right of the trackball... (Answer/hang up keys) Are they available for the 8330 only or can I buy them for my 8310? Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, I couldn't find an answer thru search, and I didn't want to clutter the other thread with yet another question! Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 10:08 PM
    AFAIK, the black keys are only for the 8330, although the Pink 8330 has silver keys, so maybe you can look if there are any other editions of the 83XX series (maybe from other carriers) that have black keys.
    01-26-09 10:19 PM
    Does cnn.cn sell the black keys? They should be phyisically usable on all 83xx models, shouldn't they?

01-26-09 10:47 PM
    i would assume so... but yea, they come black only for the 8330... lucky us I guess lol
    01-26-09 11:25 PM
    On ebay it says the 8330 won't fit the 8310 but I don't physically see ANY difference. Maybe I'll order it and if it won't fit I'll do a little altering and see. I'll post my results!

01-26-09 11:37 PM
    Yeah the answer and end keys are slighty slanted on the 8330 compared to being straighter as in the 83xx

01-26-09 11:38 PM
    On ebay it says the 8330 won't fit the 8310 but I don't physically see ANY difference. Maybe I'll order it and if it won't fit I'll do a little altering and see. I'll post my results!

There are obvious differences, the call key and the call end key on the 8330 keys are angled and the ones on the 83XX keys are straight. They won't be interchangeable.

Google Curve 8310, 8320, and 8330 in an image search and see what I'm talking about.
    01-26-09 11:40 PM
    Here's the 83XX series:

And here's the 8330:

01-26-09 11:42 PM
    Nice info thanks...
    01-27-09 12:17 AM
    Well thanks for the info. When I was comparing I was looking more at the keyboard tray other than the keys themselves! Back to the drawing board on how to black out my 8310!!

01-27-09 11:58 PM
    Well thanks for the info. When I was comparing I was looking more at the keyboard tray other than the keys themselves! Back to the drawing board on how to black out my 8310!!

See this thread and please send them a message!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/mes...w-keys-146374/
    01-28-09 12:00 AM
    yeah send it to them so we can enhance our customization dreams!
    01-28-09 12:06 AM
    It can be done, just takes a little work re-shapine the lens and housing. But the results are worth it This is a T-mobile 8320. My camera is horrible but this will give you an idea. I will take better pics soon.
    01-28-09 12:26 AM
    how hard is the reshaping of the lens and housing, looks good but i dont wanna destroy my berry that i love
    01-28-09 12:34 AM
    It can be done, just takes a little work re-shapine the lens and housing. But the results are worth it This is a T-mobile 8320. My camera is horrible but this will give you an idea. I will take better pics soon.
    Yes, better pics please, especially close-ups of the area where reshaping was done would be much appreciated!
    01-28-09 12:34 AM
    Yeah, from what you had it's really hard to see where you reshaped it, nevertheless it looks good, what about the LED does it still function?
    01-28-09 01:36 AM
    Yeah, from what you had it's really hard to see where you reshaped it, nevertheless it looks good, what about the LED does it still function?
    I'm pretty sure the modification was only to the lens and front faceplate area next to the angled edges of the outermost keys (Phone and End Call).
    You can kind of see the tool marks or slightly rough edges on the lens on the far side next to the Phone key in the picture.
    01-28-09 01:40 AM
    I will get better pics up as soon as possible. (My niece has a great camera and will be here tomorrow) This phone really turned out great you can't see any tool marks just looking at it. Camera flash brought out alot of ugliness that you can not see otherwise. It was very easy, I used a dremel with sharp pointed diamond bit. I would reccomend getting a new/used faceplate and lens so you still have the original to fall back on. Yes, the only cuts were made next to the send/end keys.
    01-28-09 01:58 AM
    I will get better pics up as soon as possible. (My niece has a great camera and will be here tomorrow) This phone really turned out great you can't see any tool marks just looking at it. Camera flash brought out alot of ugliness that you can not see otherwise. It was very easy, I used a dremel with sharp pointed diamond bit. I would reccomend getting a new/used faceplate and lens so you still have the original to fall back on. Yes, the only cuts were made next to the send/end keys.
    Did you mask the lens and scribe the shape you wanted to cut away into the lens, or did you make a template of some kind? Or did you just take a little off at a time and "eyeball" it?

PS: Try not to use flash when taking the pics. Just get some good light on the phone and disable the flash for taking pics.
    01-28-09 02:03 AM
    I had thought that you had used some type of device to grind it down. Just hard to see in the pictures, but better pics! Still I think what you did looks good.
    01-28-09 02:15 AM
    I cant wait to seem some better pictures of this!
    01-28-09 07:25 PM
    I've put an 8330 keyboard in my 8310. There's some definite modifications that need to happen tho. Mine wasn't perfect, but it worked! I used an old beat up housing to do it. Just ordered a new one to make an official one. =)
    01-28-09 10:38 PM
    Got the right side pretty good, but not the left. =P

01-28-09 10:55 PM
    Reedimus - that is BY FAR the sweetest looking BLACKberry I have ever seen. I showed the pic to my wife sayong, "this is what I wanna do" she called me a dork and told me to leave her alone - some people just do not get it - your berry is awesome.

01-28-09 11:10 PM
    Here are a few pix of my curve. Still not the greatest, but better. I am not good at taking pictures at all. (note the prof, lighting). In your hand this phone looks absolutely amazing, these pics make it look like I just dug it out of the dumpster.
    01-28-09 11:57 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD