I'm pretty new to my Blackberry Curve (just switched over from my Blackjack) but anyways..I had a question about the theme changing.. I downloaded the iPhone theme and placed the 2 files (one is a .ALX, the other is a .COD) on my SD card, when I went to themes to change it, it didn't show up..so where would the files be on the phone so I can access them and change the theme to that of the iPhone?

Also I have downloaded the pimp my pearl application (changes the color of the trackball) and put those 2 files (also .ALX and .COD) on the SD card..and that's nowhere to be found as well?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
    01-01-08 06:32 PM
    You need to use Application Loader (via Desktop Manager) to load the files onto your Blackberry.

Then you'll be able to use them. They can't be on the media card.
    01-01-08 06:34 PM
    .alx/.cod files are loaded via the desktop manager/application loader.

.jar/.jad files are loaded using the BB's browser.

Also, the trackball color change app won't work on the Curve. One of those apps will change your led color, though, but not the trackball.
    01-01-08 06:34 PM
    Alright,

By Desktop Manager you mean plugging my Curve into my PC and loading them onto the Curve that way?
    01-02-08 01:42 AM
    Yes, exactly. Desktop Manager's Application Loader will see the .alx file (you may need to tell it where to look) and load it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-08 05:22 AM
    Awesome..thanks!
    01-03-08 03:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD