Hey guys have a question about when I answer my 8330 verizon curve it is like i answered it on speaker but i goes back to the earphone real quick and by itself. Was just wondering if anyone else had this problem or knew about it because it is real annoying when answering your phone in a quiet place and its real loud like a speaker but then stops without me doing anything. Just weird thats all thanks a lot to anyone that can help.
    03-11-09 03:32 PM
    Speakerblast!

Its an OS issue, it was fixed in the newest release from what I read. What version do you have? options>about

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-152163/

I think it was an issue on .77 as well as others - this link is for .131
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-11-09 at 03:37 PM.
    03-11-09 03:34 PM
    Yeah i do have .77 ill try to update my OS thanks a lot
    03-12-09 02:11 PM
    could that be an issue with the 8320 as well?
    will an upgrade take care of it? I've done battery pulls thinking that would take care of it.
    03-12-09 02:15 PM
    Just got a replacement phone from Verizon and had the same wierd problem with hearing the speaker when answering call for a split second, then goes back to normal by itself. Called Verizon and tech person in store said it was with the latest software which my old curve didn't have. She didn't know officially from verizon but said her phone does it too. Does anybody know how to fix it or if Verizon is aware of this?
    04-12-09 11:18 AM
    This is an known issue with the 4.5.0.77 OS, upgrade to a higher OS, like Sprints .131 and you'll be fine...
    04-12-09 11:19 AM
    I'm a Verizon Curve user and this has been happening to me as well, called Verizon described the problem and received a replacement and the problem is still exixts. I've seen this issue discussed in post before and the OPs have been advised to upgrade their OS. I probably should do it as well but I'm to "Chicken" to take the plunge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 03:40 PM
    If you follow the directions, you'll be fine and glad you upgraded.

04-12-09 03:49 PM
    Yes I also have .77 os and I get the speakerphone blast, as it is known as here. But it doesn't happen with every single call-and no very often. Its not a huge issue so I keep my [email protected] I don't want to void my warranty by replacing my os with a leaked version-so that's another main reason I won't upgrade my os also.

04-12-09 05:18 PM
    I have that OS system and I cant even answer my phone on speaker. Are you sure the new OS system supports this?
    04-12-09 08:38 PM
    I'm having the same problem on my curve. It's happened maybe a couple of times last week. I called verizon tech support today. They're sending me a replacement this week. I'll see if that's any better.

04-12-09 11:40 PM
    Everyone's right. My 8330 was doing the exact same thing with every call. I was tired of getting blasted in the ear every time and being embarrassed when answering my phone in public. I posted on the blackberry.com forum and was told to update my OS from .77. I did, and problem solved! I was a little scared to do it at first too but it went perfectly fine. I just followed the instructions step-by-step. I tend to be kind of a spazz with these things so I was sure I was going to ruin my phone but it went just fine. Trust me, it's worth trying it if it means not going temporarily deaf after answering your phone calls!!
    04-13-09 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD