I've had my blackberry for about three days now and am loving it and learning fast. I have one question though:

When I run a program on my BB, after I leave the program is it still running in the background? I'm sure this depends on how I close it, this is what I think happens with each method:

End key & Close menu option - This results in a complete ending of the program.

Escape key & ALT+Escape to launch another program - This leaves the task running.

Am I understanding this right?

Also, is there a way to list the tasks that are currently running on my BB?

Thanks for any help!

Russ

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-08 10:40 AM
    A lot of times if you hit the escape key on the program until you get to the home screen, that will close it. Otherwise go to the main screen of the program, hit the menu button, and select close.

The only way I can think of to list what's running is to use the Alt-ESC and see them. Also, 5 things will always be running, they don't close: Browser, BBM, Phone, Home Screen, and Messages.
    09-05-08 10:44 AM
    I've had my blackberry for about three days now and am loving it and learning fast. I have one question though:

When I run a program on my BB, after I leave the program is it still running in the background? I'm sure this depends on how I close it, this is what I think happens with each method:

End key & Close menu option - This results in a complete ending of the program.

Escape key & ALT+Escape to launch another program - This leaves the task running.

Am I understanding this right?

Also, is there a way to list the tasks that are currently running on my BB?

Thanks for any help!

Russ

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

You are close, you have two things backwards though. The end key doesn't 'end' the app, even though that would make sense.. It sends it to the background. The 'escape' key closes most apps, as does pressing 'menu' and scrolling down to 'close'

I use the escape key to close everything except the browser since pressing that just takes you to the previous page. I've got into the habit of clearing all cache on the browser then closing it through the menu function.

Like smaug said, while continuing to hold the 'alt' key, press the escape key to see a list of running apps. There should be 5 of them running at all times.
    09-05-08 01:53 PM
    Thanks!

That definitely clears things up for me.
    09-05-08 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD