I have been pondering this, but I can't really decide if I know the answer or not...

If, for example, I am browsing the 'net on the browser, and I have to stop for whatever reason. Do I have to/should I "Close" the Browser app, or can I just hit the "back to menu" (Hang-up/End Call) button, then go back to the Browser and pick up where I was at?

Would this effect my data-usage (run up the bill) or cause my battery life to shorten considerably? These are the only 2 possible drawbacks that come to mind.

Anything I am not thinking of...?
    03-19-08 09:26 AM
    You Should Close The App If Not It Will Run In The Background And Use Memory And Slow The Rest Of Your Programs. As Far As Data Usage Im Not Sure.
    03-19-08 09:46 AM
    The BB browser " can't be completely closed" it is one of main apps that always ON ( the other main apps: BB Messenger, Phone, Message, Home).
    What u do with it:
    A.menu -> close == stop the data usage
    B.back to main menu/ home screen == still working & using data in background

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-08 11:04 AM
    Cool... Thanks Fellas!!!
    03-19-08 12:28 PM
    One of the great features of BlackBerry, over an unnamed competitor, is multi tasking and a clip board.

For the first while, I was quite consciouses about closing apps, keeping an eye on memory usage. After a while, everything was stable, so I began experimenting with leaving Apps running.

The first thing I noticed, there is no impact of File Free memory. It does not matter if the App is active or not, the memory usage is unchanged.

The Browser will not be transmitting to the network while idle with the exception of pushed content. I suspect if you have pushed content of value, you will want that to come through.

I have to caution, these observations are made on a device that is not connected to a carrier, no phone or messaging service has been used. Your result may vary.
    03-19-08 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD