I gave in and updated despite the risk of the spyware on my computer, but I think I'm having some issues with the MMS and HTML emails. I sent myself (from my computer) an email with tons of italics, different colors, etc., and it still came through just plain black. Also, although I can send regular MMS, I am still receiving them in the "click on the link" format.... Is that how it is supposed to be? Thank you so much!!!!!!
    02-06-09 06:01 PM
    Yes. That's how its suppose to be.

Resend your service book.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 06:06 PM
    They still come to us as a Picture Mail, nothing you can do about it.

HTML mail needs to be enabled in your settings and you might have to click to allow on each individual mail to get it coming in right. Double check your settings to make sure it is enabled. I don't have my Curve in front of me right now to tell you exactly where to look.
    02-06-09 06:06 PM
    Yeah, I would appreciate that because I couldn't find where I would allow HTML. Also, I just checked status to see my File Free, and I noticed that it no longer lists the total space, only the File Free!!!! Is it supposed to do that?! Ugghhh... I'm so nervous!!
    02-06-09 06:09 PM
    Yes, it's supposed to do that. Just stay calm.... After all, you really only care about the free space anyway.

In your Messages Inbox, hit the MENU button (the Blackberry symbol to the left of the trackball) select OPTIONS and then select EMAIL SETTINGS. Say YES to Enable HTML Email, and YES to Download Images Automatically. Though you may still have to hit MENU and select GET IMAGES to see everything.
    02-06-09 07:55 PM
    Yes, it's supposed to do that. Just stay calm.... After all, you really only care about the free space anyway.

In your Messages Inbox, hit the MENU button (the Blackberry symbol to the left of the trackball) select OPTIONS and then select EMAIL SETTINGS. Say YES to Enable HTML Email, and YES to Download Images Automatically. Though you may still have to hit MENU and select GET IMAGES to see everything.
    Thanks! There is no option to Enable HTML Email though... that's the problem.
    02-06-09 09:00 PM
    Yeah, I would appreciate that because I couldn't find where I would allow HTML. Also, I just checked status to see my File Free, and I noticed that it no longer lists the total space, only the File Free!!!! Is it supposed to do that?! Ugghhh... I'm so nervous!!
    That is the normal display. I did learn this from Moderator JeffH yesterday,
    while you are on the Status screen type FTOT and the total memory will show.
    02-06-09 09:23 PM
    That is the normal display. I did learn this from Moderator JeffH yesterday,
    while you are on the Status screen type FTOT and the total memory will show.

Thank you!!! Do you happen to know how to get the "Enable HTML" option when there isn't one?? That's one of the things I was so looking forward too, and I'm kind of disappointed if it isn't going to work.
    02-06-09 09:25 PM
    Thank you!!! Do you happen to know how to get the "Enable HTML" option when there isn't one?? That's one of the things I was so looking forward too, and I'm kind of disappointed if it isn't going to work.
    Messages > options > email settings and select YES for Enable HTML Email for
    each address pushed to your phone.

Then log into your account on the Sprint BIS site and resend your service
    books. You should be all set after doing those 2 things.
    02-06-09 09:29 PM
    Messages > options > email settings and select YES for Enable HTML Email for
    each address pushed to your phone.

Then log into your account on the Sprint BIS site and resend your service
    books. You should be all set after doing those 2 things.
    THAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH, I cannot thank you enough!!!!!! Sprint told me to RETURN MY PHONE, and I was like, "no way!! Try resending my service books," and then the option to enable HTML appeared! You should be paid or something!!
    02-06-09 10:14 PM
    WTG CaraP!! Glad it all worked out

If none of that worked my next suggestion would have
    been a baguette
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 02-06-09 at 10:23 PM.
    02-06-09 10:20 PM
    Glad to see everything worked out for you Cara, remember you always need to re-send your service books after any update. Also the MMS still comes in as picture mail and nothing you can do about that. As for the file memory it doesnt really matter about your total memory, your free memory is the only thing you need to watch. I hope you enjoy your phone with the update and if you have any other questions just ask.
    02-06-09 10:27 PM
    Like CaraP, I was not receiving HTML email and had no option to select html. Following suggestions here, I resent service books, which enabled the html option, selected html and auto download pictures. I have 2 email accounts, one Yahoo and the other COX. With the same test message sent to both, the Yahoo comes in as HTML but the COX does not. Any suggestions??? does one have to resend service books again "after" selecting html in email setup?
    02-07-09 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD