Without removing pre-loaded content, what is the best I can probably get for file free?

I have a Curve 8330 with a 4 or 8 GB card so I save photos, etc to it. For a while my file free had been at only 14MB even after a battery pull and my phone was of course sluggish.

The applications I have are:
    BerryUnit Converter
    Bolt
    Facebook (have now deleted, file free at 22MB)
    Google Maps
    Google Sync
    Opera Mini
    Sudoku
    VZAppZone
    VZTones
    WeatherBug (have now deleted, file free at 22MB)

I had read before that Facebook is a memory hog so I deleted it and WeatherBug. Now I'm at 22MB. I went through the 101 tutorial on increasing memory and most of the "minor" things I had already done. I cleared my log, deleted old emails and text messages and changed some settings. I stopped shy of removing pre-loaded content. I don't have any downloaded themes just what was pre-loaded. What have I missed or is this the best that I will get without deleting other content?
    Are there any other memory hogs on my list of apps?

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by ds2003; 07-23-09 at 05:22 AM.
    07-23-09 05:17 AM
    Looks like you've done all you can do. The 83** series phones don't come with much File Total to start with, so you're really imited on how far you can go to increase your File Free. All your apps are good, no more memory hogs. Your deleting any unwanted texts, emails etc. Just try to perform routine battery pulls to help recover what memory you've lost since the last reboot you've done. Also look into a battery pull app. They take up very little memory (you won't even notice in your File Free), but they're so worth it cause they take the hassle away from actuallly pulling the battery. I recommend QuickPull. You can set a schedule so that it restarts itself without you having to do anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 05:46 AM
    22mb is pretty good for a 83xx series... wouldn't worry about it (unless you want to add more apps?)...
    I used to run at about 20mb on my 8320 with no probs.

+1 for quickpull suggestion.
    07-23-09 06:06 AM
    Thanks for the help. I will look into getting QuickPull.

07-23-09 12:04 PM
    I've heard there is a app that lets you put apps right on your media card...sucks i cannot remember the name of it tho.
    07-23-09 12:06 PM
    There is but the app has to install to the phone to use it. I presume then you have to uninstall it , maybe the app does that.
    07-23-09 12:21 PM
    It's called Aerize App Loader. But the bad thing about it is that whenever you want to use an app, you have to add it to the phone, then put it back on the media card manually. I personally don't like the concept of the app but that's just me!

07-23-09 12:31 PM
    google maps could be your problem, you would have a lot more me if you do delete the preloaded stuff, it's ok if your useing them. do you really need OPM and Bolt? if you want a good weather app go with simpleweather from the app store only 2.99 and is way better. you gotta keep facebook! LOL

ps updating your OS helps out too
    Last edited by trees247; 07-23-09 at 12:52 PM.
    07-23-09 12:49 PM
    My file free is 37mb on my 8330

07-23-09 02:07 PM
    Mine is 33 mb on my 8330

07-23-09 02:44 PM
    Mine is right around 52

07-23-09 03:23 PM
    Mine is around 42
    07-23-09 05:31 PM
    Lol, on my Curve (8900) my file free is 108 pre battery pull. Haha, I just had to! Lol

07-23-09 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD