Sorry, I just don't know much about this.......wondering,

I downloaded Blackberry Desktop Manager and connected my phone to it so I could back-up the info on my phone. It shows that it has saved it onto my laptop and hopefully I did it correctly. Now.........how do I open the folder or find where it is saved on my laptop? I'd love to have a "hard copy" of a lot of the info on my BB but I can't figure out where to view the info.

Sorry........I'm BB challenged. Thanks for any/all help!!
    01-15-09 08:49 PM
    They should either be on your desktop or in My Documents. But if you can't find them you can always back it up again and see all the files in there and move them somewhere else.
    01-15-09 09:09 PM
    Additionally, there is no application that can natively read the
    outputted backup files so a hard copy will be tough to pull off.
    01-15-09 09:19 PM
    Sorry, I should have clarified......I can find the actual file but when I try to open it, it said that it couldn't display it because it isn't a supported file type (or something to this effect).

Can I actually view the information on my computer, i.e. my text messages, address book, etc. or is there just a file now containing the information and when I get a new BB, can I just download this information to the new phone?

(My BB is completely frozen so I'm hoping the backup will work and when Verizon gives me a new phone that I can transfer all my info to the new phone).
    01-15-09 09:28 PM
    Additionally, there is no application that can natively read the
    outputted backup files so a hard copy will be tough to pull off.
    Aw, I see. Sorry, I didn't see your post until after I had posted again. So, is there a way to know, for sure, that I backed it up correctly? I can't check anything on my BB since it is frozen and I'm just hoping for the best!
    Thanks for the help!
    01-15-09 09:30 PM
    You can try opening the file with notepad. It will look like h3ll but
    you'll get an idea of whether your backup was good.
    01-15-09 09:39 PM
    Did you try to reset your frozen berry? Open the back and remove the battery while it is on (if possible) them put it back in after ar0 seconds. Also, I was easily able to restore my back up file to a new BlackBerry after I lost one. If the back up application said successful back up after you ran it, you shold be fine. It will restore your address book and bbm contacts and most of your settings.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 01-15-09 at 09:46 PM.
    01-15-09 09:44 PM
    Did you try to reset your frozen berry? Open the back and remove the battery while it is on (if possible) them put it back in after ar0 seconds. Also, I was easily able to restore my back up file to a new BlackBerry after I lost one. If the back up application said successful back up after you ran it, you shold be fine. It will restore your address book and bbm contacts and most of your settings.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I did try a battery pull (a few times) but, unfortunately, it was unsuccessful.
    Verizon said they will give me a new phone.......I'm just going crazy in the meantime with no phone.

Thanks again for all the suggestions/help!!
    01-15-09 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD