Hey guys, I just purchased a Curve 8310 from AT&T so I could finally pitch my BlackJack (actually 2nd on, since I had to have the 1st one replaced after 2 months for a faulty keyboard... this one had the microphone go out on it after 2 months)

Anyway, my phone just started doing the busy beep when I tried to call out and if someone called in it was just a dead line. After turning it on and off it was doing the same thing. I pulled the battery out and that seemed to work. It this an AT&T problem or an anomaly with the phone? Has this happened to anyone before?
    Last edited by rugger1869; 11-24-07 at 07:02 PM.
    11-24-07 05:54 PM
    It was likely just a glitch. Pulling the battery (and sim card while your at it) fixes many glitches like this. However, this is not a common problem. You might want to double check that your sim card latch is fully locked.

...and I think you meant 8310, not 8810.
    11-24-07 06:42 PM
    Yeah, I did... sorry about that. 8310.
    11-24-07 07:02 PM
    The soft reset will usually fix problems like this, but more often than not, it's an AT&T issue. It happens quite often. Lowest dropped calls? It's because we can't make or receive any.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-07 01:05 AM
    The soft reset will usually fix problems like this, but more often than not, it's an AT&T issue. It happens quite often. Lowest dropped calls? It's because we can't make or receive any.

Touche. haha. that's a great line. My 8300 now drops calls when I have full bars, and it also is annoying because I have to hit send repeatedly, almost 4-5 times over someones name to make the call go through. I spoke with AT&T and they said it shouldn't happen and they're sending me a replacement. I almost talked the lady into sending me an 8310 but she wont until I've had over 3 replacements. This is my 3rd one so hopefully something convieniently goes wrong. If not I'll get the 8310 in December I need GPS badly.
    11-25-07 02:08 AM

I guarantee if I did a search I'd find the same comment for each and every carrier...welcome to the wireless revolution people.
    11-25-07 02:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD