My curve is pretty scratched up all around (deep penetration scratches) on the housing. I was just whondering if colorware uses the same housing provided on the cell phone or do they use a whole new housing? Also, will colorware be able to buff the scratches and paint over it making it look brand new? Or will the deep scratches remain there? I would rather have them paint a nice customizatin color than pay the same amount in replacing the whole housing/rails.
    10-04-08 03:55 PM
    You can order replacement housing from CNN.CN and change it yourself, youtube videos are everywhere.. as far as I know they just paint over your case, which is why you send in your berry..

Also there is a member here, Beckmae that also paints housing, look for her threads, here on this forum... she paints up the housing and sends it you for a fee far less than colorware IF you go that route.
    10-04-08 03:58 PM
    You can order replacement housing from CNN.CN and change it yourself, youtube videos are everywhere.. as far as I know they just paint over your case, which is why you send in your berry..

Also there is a member here, Beckmae that also paints housing, look for her threads, here on this forum... she paints up the housing and sends it you for a fee far less than colorware IF you go that route.
    Thanks! Cnn.cn has great prices and I just ordered a new housing.
    10-04-08 04:46 PM
    You will need a t 5 to change the housing, if you are ok with the rails, the t 5 will do, if you want to change the rails also, a t6 is needed for the bottom screws.
    10-04-08 04:52 PM
    You will need a t 5 to change the housing, if you are ok with the rails, the t 5 will do, if you want to change the rails also, a t6 is needed for the bottom screws.
    Great, also do you know how to change out the loud speaker?
    10-04-08 05:12 PM

Also there is a member here, Beckymae that also paints housing, look for her threads, here on this forum... she paints up the housing and sends it you for a fee far less than colorware IF you go that route.

I agree with rachel. Go with Beckymae, she does a great job and you get a new housing, which with colorware, I'm not so sure you do...
    you would think for their ridiculous pricing you would get a new one though...
    10-05-08 12:01 PM
    i know if you use rapid return, they just a different housing
    10-05-08 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD