Ok, it is my understanding that if you "lock" your phone, the user has a set number of password attempts before the phone wipes its memory.

My question is: Is that all it does? after memory wipe are you allowed full access again? or does the phone remain locked and un-usable?

Thank you all for your time.
    02-13-09 12:36 PM
    After you get it unlocked you can resume using it. Just simply remember your password (or disable it) and don't let anyone else ty and get in your phone, no worries right?
    Last edited by mwdb4au; 02-13-09 at 12:40 PM.
    02-13-09 12:37 PM
    Im not sure you entirly answered my question, does the phone remain locked after the failed password/memory wipe?
    02-13-09 12:39 PM
    Yes the phone will remain locked until you do a restore to unlock it. At that time you can go back to using the phone as before.
    02-13-09 01:10 PM
    After 10 (set in options) unsuccessful attemps all personal information is wiped. The phone will not remain locked. Its more of a personal data protection than phone protection.

Also if you truly forgot your password, as the owner, you would again be able to use the device and 'restore' your info.

Hope that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 01:25 PM
    So if somone found my phone, failed the password 10 times, then they would have my fone fully functional? Doesn't seem like much of a "lock" to me. I would rather have the fone un usable after failed attempts.

02-13-09 05:55 PM
    So if somone found my phone, failed the password 10 times, then they would have my fone fully functional? Doesn't seem like much of a "lock" to me. I would rather have the fone un usable after failed attempts.

Unfortunately that would be a nightmare for 99% of users.. people who's children get their phone and accidently 10x it.. people who just FORGET their password? Then what? I guess they're reloading the OS instead of just restoring information?
    Pretty good.
    02-13-09 06:23 PM
    Well I would rather it wipe everything including os so its a pain in the *** for anyone who wants to steal my fone. Oh well, thx for all the info.

02-13-09 06:44 PM
    I'm with you. I would like it either to remain locked or completely wipe itself.

Maybe even a James Bond phone that self desructs when an intruder tries to access it
    02-14-09 01:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD