I just had my phone 100% replaced after a screen incident. And I have a new batt, how long should let the batt drain, I hear let it die or let it almost die. what would you suggest?
    02-25-09 01:56 PM
    Drain? Negative

Charge it up and keep it charged. Do not let it almost die or die... Charge it nightly if you want, it will not hurt it as the battery will stop charging when its full and ready to go....
    02-25-09 01:58 PM
    Oh no! Never let it die!!! The BB has a newer kind of battery and letting the battery completely die could screw it up!

1. "You DO NOT need to break in the Li-Ion BlackBerry battery. On BB Models 71xx, 81xx, 83xx, 88xx you will be using a Lithium-Ion battery. These do not require "conditioning" as you might have experienced with other cell phones and batteries.
      Note: Don't get in the habit of fully discharging the battery every time -- to prevent wearing it out -- lithium batteries can be damaged with excessive deep discharges like a car battery can be.... When breaking in the battery, make sure you keep it plugged in long after the battery says it is fully charged (i.e. overnight), you really want to trickle-charge your BlackBerry to top-off your battery.
    2. Lithium batteries LOVE to be topped-off. In regular use, plug it in whenever you have the opportunity. This will also help keep the battery life maxed out for those days you really need long battery life."
    Source

I hope that helps! Welcome to Crackberry!

~Jazzi~
    02-25-09 02:04 PM
    Rechargeable batteries can only withstand a number of charging cycles. Charging it every night will mean that you are initiating unnecessary charging cycles. So, by charging it, say, every night, your battery can expire prematurely.
    02-25-09 02:04 PM
    I recharge aprox every second day or when it gets to about 30-35 %.

Here is a good link for do's and don'ts for lithium batteries.

batteryuniversity.com
    02-25-09 02:17 PM
    thanks I have batts cause I can't remember which for what haha thanks.
    02-26-09 02:52 AM
    How goes... Well Im going to contradict what everybody except one person said here.
    1. The first 2-3 times you charge the battery fully discharge it first. Newer high density Lion batts must be taught how to go empty. Older batts such as the mot e815 are very low density and can be charged whenever.
    2. Most all batteries can only be charged 300-400 times so if you charge every night then do the math after about a year your battery is loosing capacity.

I work for the company that bought your carrier. I have been in the cell phone business for 9 years that battery advice is both from VZW training and personal experience. My curve goes about 3 days with moderate use. Depending on signal strength and data use 1.5 - 3 days is normal unless you use 1500+ minutes a month.
    02-26-09 09:23 AM
    [QUOTE=b0gman;1795774]How goes... Well Im going to contradict what everybody except one person said here.
    1. The first 2-3 times you charge the battery fully discharge it first. Newer high density Lion batts must be taught how to go empty. Older batts such as the mot e815 are very low density and can be charged whenever.
    2. Most all batteries can only be charged 300-400 times so if you charge every night then do the math after about a year your battery is loosing capacity.

I work for the company that bought your carrier. I have been in the cell phone business for 9 years that battery advice is both from VZW training and personal experience. My curve goes about 3 days with moderate use. Depending on signal strength and data use 1.5 - 3 days is normal unless you use 1500+ minutes a month.[/QUOTE

b0gman I have a question for you regarding the charging of our batteries ( I correct myself in saying they are lithium they are actually Lithium-ion Li-ion) At what percent do you suggest charging at 20, 30, 40 ???

Thanks b0gman
    Net
    02-26-09 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD