Could anyone tell me if there is a way to store info that you type regularly (city, zip, email addresses, etc.) in your Curve that you can just go and click on it and it will copy it so that you don't have to retype it hundreds of times?

Also.....is there a free version of something to allow you to view your emails without all the clutter?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

03-22-08 12:38 PM
    Go into Options>> auto text>> menu>> new>> Replace - type in a couple letters not normally used together often like "XXZ" or similar. then "with" type in the info you want to enter. Then whenever you type "XXZ" followed by space, your desired info will appear.
    03-22-08 12:42 PM
    Email clutter -
    look into Empower or BBsmart.
    03-22-08 12:43 PM
    I usually do AutoText as well. For example when I type "myemail" it puts "[email protected]"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-08 12:45 PM
    I checked out BBSmart and Empower but I was looking for a free version of something. I'm low on money right now, like most of the world!!
    03-22-08 12:45 PM
    How do you set up auto text?
    03-22-08 12:46 PM
    Nevermind, I see where Chaz told me.
    03-22-08 12:47 PM
    There is a way. Use Explore from the Media center to locate and open a pre-saved TXT document.

You can select and copy to the clipboard, switch to your object app and paste.

Only TXT and HTM files are supported and this is clumsy enough to only be used with larger blocks of text.
    03-22-08 12:48 PM
    Sorry, I am truly a Newbie at this stuff, but how would I do the whole Explore/Media pre-saved txt doc?
    03-22-08 12:53 PM
    Who's idea would be easiest?
    03-22-08 12:54 PM
    Start with Help.

Read up on Auto-text and you will find everything you need to make it work smoothly. It uses variables, so combinations like %O (Owner) fill in your name. It is quite simple to build up your own personal set.

My advise works if you need to copy and paste in large amounts of text.
    03-22-08 01:01 PM
    Yeah. It depends on how much data you want copied. If its a sentence, you could use autotext. Also if it were more than that, you could just put them in your notepad and could then select & copy the text from your notepad and then paste whereever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-08 02:11 PM
    Mypin in Autotext automatically changes to your PIN, just as mynumber is, well, your number. So I set myadd to be my email address bry is BlackBerry and cbry is CrackBerry.
    03-22-08 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD