I got a new e-mail so i want to link that one to my curve and take my old one off. How do I do that? I went into e-mail settings and everything but it asked me for a user name and a password to something :S
    05-06-09 03:44 PM
    aanndd when ever i go to the blackberry internet service thing it asks me for a username and password...i never made one of those before i used every username and password i ever use and none worked.
    05-06-09 04:01 PM
    Just create a new account for signing in to your BIS email accounts. You can do it from your Email Settings icon. Once you are signed in, you can add and delete email accounts.
    05-06-09 04:02 PM
    aanndd when ever i go to the blackberry internet service thing it asks me for a username and password...i never made one of those before i used every username and password i ever use and none worked.
    Create a new one. You can create a username and password from your BB under email settings.
    05-06-09 04:03 PM
    This works for me with Verizon, I just tracked down this link for you for Telus.

Copy this link into your internet browser. If you haven't set up an account with blackberry, set one up. Then once you get into the webiste, it will give you the option to create or add an existing email. Once you've added the information, on the home page there is an option for "service books". That will send the service books for your phone, and add the "email" icon onto your blackberry. Give it a shot.

It won't let me post the link, because I haven't had 10 posts yet. But if you go the blackberry website, email setup and select Telus. It should take you right to it...
    05-06-09 04:18 PM
    ya i did all that, but when i enter my pin it says i already have an email linked to my phone, which i do, but i want to change it to my new email
    05-06-09 04:25 PM
    Thats interesting, because I have two emails set up to my phone at the moment. It shouldn't matter that you have one already set up...Blackberry gives you the ability to have 10 email addresses linked to your phone.
    05-06-09 05:04 PM
    Setting up the new one should not be a problem. Just enter new email and add. The old one will have a password if its tied to like outlook it will be that password.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 05:06 PM
    You can have 10 email addresses but you can have only one BIS account per device. That's the OP's issue: forgotten password. If you cannot remember your password, just call your carrier, they will be able to get it straightened out and reset your password.

05-06-09 05:19 PM
    hmm, maybe I should restart lol. This is the link I end up on...

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=telus

1. I can't create an account because apparently I already have one linked to my phone's pin. I don't recall ever making an account for anything...

2. I can't log in because I don't know the information for the account I never made.

3. When I click 'forgot password?', it sends a password to my phone but no user name associated with that password.

I have an e-mail account already on my phone, the guy at the Telus store did that all for me. I just want to switch it to my new e-mail because the one on my phone right now is my old one. But I don't have a user name or password to allow me to do that.
    05-06-09 05:49 PM
    The very same thing happened to me. I called my carrier, and they set me up with a new BIS user name and password so I could add my new email accounts. Took about 5 minutes. No sweat! Give it a try.

05-06-09 06:18 PM
    ah ok cool thanks dude
    05-07-09 05:45 AM
    It's never asked me for a password when going in the browser. I've never created a user name or anything.

All I did was put the e-mail.
    05-07-09 05:49 AM
    It's never asked me for a password when going in the browser. I've never created a user name or anything.

All I did was put the e-mail.
    Right, you can add email accounts without creating a passworded BIS account. But after you do create a BIS account on your carrier's BIS/BlackBerry website (to edit signatures or set up filters, which you can only do from your website except with latest BIS version), you need to use that login information both from your device and when you go to the website. Meldazy apparently forgot that password and can no longer access the BIS account to manage email accounts.

05-07-09 07:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD