OK for the life of me I cannot get my media card in my phone. I found the place to put it...slid open the metal lock..unlock thing and put the card in. However when i do that the metal thing will not go back down and slide. I am sure its operator error so can anyone help??

Thanks so much!!
    Laurie
    11-13-08 03:53 PM
    apply pressure when sliding back over media card.
    11-13-08 03:56 PM
    Press the latch and it should go, do not force it or you will break it...
    11-13-08 03:57 PM
    No No No!

The card actually goes into the metal cover. Then close the cover and slide it toward the top of the card. Don't put the card on the contacts and try to close the cover over it, that can ruin the card and the BB.
    11-13-08 05:01 PM
    Thanks...got it. Now another question..I formatted the card and the mass storage is turned to auto, I went on Blackberry support on the website and they said I should hook up the phone to my PC and enable the mass storage on there. Do I need to do that too if my phone is set to auto??

Thanks again!!
    Laurie
    11-13-08 05:04 PM
    Thanks...got it. Now another question..I formatted the card and the mass storage is turned to auto, I went on Blackberry support on the website and they said I should hook up the phone to my PC and enable the mass storage on there. Do I need to do that too if my phone is set to auto??

Thanks again!!
    Laurie
    Anyone know if I need to set my computer too??

Thanks!!
    11-13-08 09:16 PM
    You will need the desktop manager and USB drivers to access your BB from your computer.

The latest version is 4.6. Follow this link and download the latest desktop manager and ENG USB drivers (they are in the 4.6 drop down menu area):

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

I hope this helps.
    11-13-08 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD