I want to put a personal banner on my new Blackberry, How can I do this? I cannot find my setup wizard icon...
    10-16-08 12:16 PM
    I want to put a personal banner on my new Blackberry, How can I do this? I cannot find my setup wizard icon...
    Unfortunately you can�t, but I might be mistaken.
    10-16-08 01:08 PM
    A personal banner? Not sure I understand what it is you want to do...
    10-16-08 01:09 PM
    you prolly will have to create a personal theme.
    10-16-08 01:30 PM
    I think they are asking how to put your own name, or a quote on the homescreen...

Usually it's on the top, near the carriers name

(i've always wondered if there is a way to do this myself )
    10-16-08 01:31 PM
    Yes, I want to put my name or a quote....I have done this on every other phone, so it became a habit for me...now I can't figure out my Blackberry....Frustrating!!!!! This thing can do just about anything, I cannot believe that I cannot do a simple quote!!
    10-16-08 02:00 PM
    If you to go Options>Owner there is a space for information, mine says "Love my berry" but it only shows up when I lock the phone.
    10-16-08 03:02 PM
    If you to go Options>Owner there is a space for information, mine says "Love my berry" but it only shows up when I lock the phone.
    Thats just it it ONLY shows up when you lock the phone, but not on the homescreen

Sorry my friend
    10-16-08 04:02 PM
    I am not quite sure what the OP is trying to do.

If you are trying to replace the carrier splash logo that briefly displays at boot tome then this is not possible. That logo is there for the life of the phone.

If you want a lock screen as has been suggested then go to Options, Owner and put in whateven information you feel appropriate.

If you want a wallpaper that is personalised then just make any old pic that says what you want.

Beyond that, there's not much else that can be classified as a banner.
    10-16-08 04:12 PM
    my understanding is he wants to put "samedran's phone" on the display like you can on a katana and the like. its not possible with a berry.
    10-16-08 04:32 PM
    why stop at just a wallpaper!
    Plazmic
    10-16-08 04:34 PM
    I would like to open this discussion back up, if I can... I was wondering the same thing. I'm sure I saw in a picture somewhere. The person had their name on their banner, and it wasn't a modified picture being used as the background. What about with the new Theme Builder software?
    Plus, I think I saw where the Canadian versions show the Carriers name on the home screen. If this can be done made to happen, then it can be made to happen on the US versions, and the name can be modified to show what we want.. It may require editing a piece of code, but this can be done too. I've seen it here on Crackberry..... Someone please help...
    12-06-09 11:22 PM
    I get what you are saying there is a program that allows you to make custom themes for you blackberry. Its called Blackberry Theme Studio 5.0
    12-07-09 02:39 AM
    I tried to install the Theme Studio last night, but since I upgraded my version of DM last week I can't seem to finish the installation without "downgrading"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 03:45 AM
    stefscarf,
    I had the same problem. It just hung up nearly done installing. When I rebooted, I noticed it actually had finished installing for me even though the installer hung.
    12-08-09 01:51 AM
    BerryBone,
    Exactly.. I figure it can be done, I just haven't figured it out.. If it can't then I should be able to modify a file in my BB OS that lets the network providers name show up. Then it should be a simple matter of changing their name to mine... ;-)
    I'm just a little too new to brick my berry yet... I always jump in both feet first to new things, but this is my PHONE... I'm easing into it a little more slowly first.
    12-08-09 01:54 AM
    BerryBone,
    Exactly.. I figure it can be done, I just haven't figured it out.. If it can't then I should be able to modify a file in my BB OS that lets the network providers name show up. Then it should be a simple matter of changing their name to mine... ;-)
    I'm just a little too new to brick my berry yet... I always jump in both feet first to new things, but this is my PHONE... I'm easing into it a little more slowly first.
    in every picture of crackberry kevin's phone it says rogers..."crackberry kevin" so it can be done
    09-15-11 11:00 AM
    11-20-13 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD