Hi!
    Is there a way to get all my contacts off my old Razr and put them into the Curve? That is without having to manually put them all in again
    Thanks!
    06-24-08 01:47 PM
    I would talk to someone at the VZW store. There is probably a way they can do it.

For GSM carriers, we can just transfer our contacts on our own using the SIM card

VZW store has to have some way!! I would think
    06-24-08 01:49 PM
    Most phone stores will do this for you.

On the Razr the contacts can be either on the phone's memory or on the SIM card.

IF yu can sync the Razr to your PC and then export the Contacts to either an ASCII file or Outllook then the problem is solved. If you can copy the SIM card contacts to the Razr's Contact file before you do the sync then so much the better. If you can't do that then get a USB SIM card reader from ebay. Mine cost less than $10.
    06-24-08 01:54 PM
    I would talk to someone at the VZW store. There is probably a way they can do it.

For GSM carriers, we can just transfer our contacts on our own using the SIM card

VZW store has to have some way!! I would think
    yeah, asking the store to do it is all i can think of...
    i love having gsm with sim cards, but i have my eye on the thunder from verizon
    06-24-08 01:54 PM
    Most phone stores will do this for you.

On the Razr the contacts can be either on the phone's memory or on the SIM card.

IF yu can sync the Razr to your PC and then export the Contacts to either an ASCII file or Outllook then the problem is solved. If you can copy the SIM card contacts to the Razr's Contact file before you do the sync then so much the better. If you can't do that then get a USB SIM card reader from ebay. Mine cost less than $10.
    that would be a good idea, but kit02's from verizon, which doesnt have sim cards.
    06-24-08 01:56 PM
    Yeah... the only other option I can think is to get your hands on Motorola Phone Tools.

Use MPT to sync your contacts to your PC. Then format the contacts in Outlook and sync to your Berry with Desktop Manager!
    06-24-08 01:59 PM
    that would be a good idea, but kit02's from verizon, which doesnt have sim cards.
    You are right, of course, silly me.

This makes it easier. All ha has to do is to sync the Razr to a PC and export the data in a format that Oulook or Outlook Express can read.

Mind you, I still like the 'take it to a store' solution. This is known as an SEP solution.

SEP = Somebody Esle's Problem
    06-24-08 02:11 PM
    ya so, so far you have 2 choices, take it to the store, which should work just fine, and save you the frustrations of screwing it up yourself(unless your tech savvy, go ahead and do it)
    or connect to pc, and transport to bb
    06-24-08 04:07 PM
    There is a third option. You could connect the two phone via bluetooth and transfer thecontact information that way. Although I haven't tried it personally, so I don't know if it really works.
    06-24-08 04:10 PM
    save all your phone numbers to the sim card on your razr and then transfer it over to your curve
    06-24-08 04:11 PM
    There is a third option. You could connect the two phone via bluetooth and transfer thecontact information that way. Although I haven't tried it personally, so I don't know if it really works.
    is it even possible to transfer contacts using bluetooth?
    06-24-08 04:12 PM
    save all your phone numbers to the sim card on your razr and then transfer it over to your curve
    again, verizon doesnt have sim cards... kits02 has verizon. hence, kit cant tranfer using a sim, because kit02 doesnt have one. ;p
    06-24-08 04:13 PM
    is it even possible to transfer contacts using bluetooth?
    I have transfered contacts from one cell phone to another (chocolate to a samsung), but i have not done it with my bb yet.
    06-24-08 04:19 PM
    I have transfered contacts from one cell phone to another (chocolate to a samsung), but i have not done it with my bb yet.
    ive yet to try that! handy feature , that is.
    06-24-08 04:24 PM
    ok, so i tried it with my bb 8320, and a motorizr z3 from motorola. when paired, i can transfer contacts from the motorizr to the 8320, but not the other way around...
    06-24-08 04:32 PM
    I wound up just doing it manually from the Razr to the curve - there wasn't as many as I thought.

Now I would like to get a ton of contacts off a samsung to the razr - too many to do manually. How did you do this?

thanks!
    06-25-08 08:21 AM
    I wound up just doing it manually from the Razr to the curve - there wasn't as many as I thought.

Now I would like to get a ton of contacts off a samsung to the razr - too many to do manually. How did you do this?

thanks!
    you could try the bluetooth idea, just pair them with blue tooth. then go into the contacts on the samsung, and look for a send using bluetooth, or a send option. then just send contacts that way. im not too sure if it works though, when i tried it, it only worked one way.
    06-25-08 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD