What causes pushmail to no longer push? After a year of perfect service, my phone is no longer properly receiving pushmail. Most of the time, if I use the reconcile menu option, it will pull mail down, but since Monday evening, it has not received a good push.

Sometimes (it happened for the first time this morning), the reconcile process doesn't work at all.

Ideas?
    11-19-09 12:58 PM
    There has been an outage on RIM servers the past few days. I don't know if that is your problem. But if it persists you can resend your service books and see if that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 04:58 PM
    What exactly is "Pushmail"?
    11-19-09 05:03 PM
    I'm using BIS, so I believe it is a RIM outage causing problems.

Where is the service book resend located? I can't find it.

Thanks.
    11-19-09 06:11 PM
    What exactly is "Pushmail"?
    Email that is pushed to your phone without your device having to "ask" for it.

11-19-09 06:47 PM
    I'm using BIS, so I believe it is a RIM outage causing problems.

Where is the service book resend located? I can't find it.

Thanks.
    The service books are resent from the carrier. You can do this yourself through their website or you can call their customer service and have them do it. You can however try to refresh the host routing table from your phone. Options>advanced options>host routing tables>menu>register now.

11-19-09 06:53 PM
    As for the "pushmail" explanation, Blackberrys utilize browser push technology to deliver BIS (blackberry internet service) mail from mail servers to phones. It's an old-school term, I guess...it's what we used to call it in the old days. lol
    11-19-09 08:48 PM
    Service books can also be sent from the device through Email Setup > log in if ncecessary > Help > Service Book.

11-19-09 09:01 PM
    Thanks jbeachy. That seems to have worked. I've gotten a few e-mails, and mostly on time too. We'll see how it performs tomorrow.

THanks everyone.
    11-19-09 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD