I have an older text/limited bits data plan w/ att and was wondering how I get my emails pushed to my phone and use BB messanger? I like this plan and would rather not upgrade to unlimited if I don't have to cause on my old phones this plan has been more than enough for me to check my email on the browser and what not. Any help?
    04-12-08 06:49 PM
    Once you go to push email, you no longer decide when your BB uses data. The unlimited plan is the way to go. No worries.
    04-12-08 06:50 PM
    the email account i would have pushed wouldn't push that many emails so i know i would have enough data its been plenty before. it's just an email account that is blocked at my work but i need to check. so i just want to know if it's possible?
    04-12-08 07:11 PM
    the email account i would have pushed wouldn't push that many emails so i know i would have enough data its been plenty before. it's just an email account that is blocked at my work but i need to check. so i just want to know if it's possible?
    It doesn't matter how often it receives mail, the BB will automatically pool it every 15 minutes or so, which means you are using data. The thing is, I don't think they will let you use that plan to do it. BlackBerry email works through either a BIS (personal use/small business) or a BES (corporate use) server, and unless you have a BlackBerry specific data plan, you won't actually have an account to register with, and won't even get the icon to set up your emails.

Summarization, I don't think it is possible to do what you are asking with the plan you currently have.
    04-12-08 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD