I had the first curve for about four months for free when I worked at AT&T, but had to give it up when I left. I am now getting the 8310 (red one), with unlimited minutes, unlimited text, and the blackberry personal package with unlimited data and whatnot. Total is $150/mo. Ouch. I do talk over 2000 minutes a month, though.

Anyway, from what I've read thus far, the Opera browser is a must. Also, deleting the stuff I won't be using, like Push-to-Talk, etc. I'm going to wait for 4.5 until it's released publicly.

What must-have applications, games, or modifications would you recommend?

What is the best navigation software that wouldn't require the $10/mo that TelNav would? I do pizza delivery for Papa Johns, shuttle service for a VW dealership, and I travel often for business (I go out of state weekly), so navigation will be very frequently used, and is important!

Is the 8GB SanDiskSD card going to work in the 8310?

Thanks in advance for your help - I have high expectation after reading all of the very enthusiastic, helpful, and friendly posts that the addicts have posted in other threads

Cheers,

-Evan
    04-21-08 01:02 AM
    Here is a good thread to check out on must have apps. Also, the Curve will currently only handle 4GB until the new 4.5 OS comes out and google maps works great with GPS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/must-have-apps-14943/
    04-21-08 01:09 AM
    I suggest Empower for reading emails, Viigo for RSS, Google maps among others. I also suggest a skin to keep it from scratches - I recently discovered mytego - I have order my skin. Enjoy your new BB - you will love it!
    04-21-08 01:17 AM
    First Ten things I should do to my new BB
    What are the "must have" applications for BB

An 8gb media card will not work in an 8310. That shouldn't be a problem when 4.5 is released though.
    04-21-08 01:20 AM
    google maps doesnt give you the turn by turn like telenav. I would say for you it seems like a good thing to have. Just don't forget your charger and don't screw around with the 4.5 beta. Thats for us crackheads. I have an 8310 and I use JiveTalk for IMs
    OperaMini in addition to the native browser. Immediately go into options and change the browser settings to internet browser and not that media net crap.
    Google maps is a must but like I said it doesnt give turn by turn directions just a list and a overhead map. But its very nice to use its current location service as well as the search.
    Viigo for reading RSS feeds. Get it, I never knew what an RSS feed was before I tried it and its free. You'll be hooked.
    Facebook -- Idk if you use the service but if you do its a must. The mobile service thru txt messaging its pretty good but its not as immersed as the application.
    04-21-08 01:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD