Well....I've had 4 storms now since it was first released on 21 Nov and I've given up. The storm was released WAY to soon and Im tired of effing with this damn thing. Getting a new 8330 curve tomorrow for $150. Im stoked because Ive heard alot of good things about the Curve. So I'd appreciate any insight y'all may have on the 8330. Danka! Oh ya...if anyone wants a brand new Storm or knows anyone who does, let me know. I have alot of extras for it too...including a proclip holder for the car. I'd let it go for $300 with all the extras.
    03-20-09 12:29 AM
    Good call for the Curve! It is a stable, reliable, sexy phone. I am partial, but it is my opinion. LOL!

I don't really have any insight for you. Though with how you describe your experience with the Storm, you won't need any. You will be able to dive head first into your new Curve and USE it.

Good luck and let us know how you like it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 12:34 AM
    well, youre getting a head start by jumping into the 83xx forum. thats probably the best thing you could do!
    03-20-09 01:36 AM
    excellent choice
    03-20-09 03:53 AM
    had the curve 8330 then went to the storm and back to the curve... there yea have it
    03-20-09 03:59 AM
    i did the same thing. Had the Storm then went back to the Curve. I got tired of it freezing up and missing calls. I do miss the screen, but the Curve's reliability more than makes up for that!
    03-20-09 06:44 AM
    Damn I'd trade you my Curve for your Storm but I'm leaving the country today.
    03-20-09 06:51 AM
    I just got the Curve a few days ago. Now that I'm learning how to use it, I love it! I was having issues because it's OS is so different from windows and my QM. Now that I'm getting past that, I realize what a gem it is. I hope you love yours, too.

03-20-09 07:31 AM
    Well....I've had 4 storms now since it was first released on 21 Nov and I've given up.
    I feel your pain. I went through 3 defective Storms in 2 weeks. I ditched it for the Curve. I've had the Curve for 2 months and I haven't had a single problem with it. It's sooooo much better than the Storm. It's quite a big step down in the UI between the Storm and Curve, but once you start adding themes and 3rd party apps you forget about it.
    03-20-09 10:28 AM
    You held out way longer than me bud! I went 2 weeks with that thing. You won't regret moving to the Curve.
    03-20-09 10:31 AM
    Damn I'd trade you my Curve for your Storm but I'm leaving the country today.
    Be safe and watch your six.
    03-20-09 10:39 AM
    Good call for the Curve! It is a stable, reliable, sexy phone. I am partial, but it is my opinion. LOL!

I don't really have any insight for you. Though with how you describe your experience with the Storm, you won't need any. You will be able to dive head first into your new Curve and USE it.

Good luck and let us know how you like it!

Thank you. Im seeing that this forum is alot more relaxed than the storm forum and not alot of major problems either. Picking up my Curve tonight so I'll be here playing with it. Thanks
    03-20-09 10:41 AM
    Hey man, Im picking up a Curve tonight too!
    A buddy of mine has the Storm, it seems like a really cool phone... Anyways, good luck with your new Curve, and welcome to the 83xx forum!
    03-20-09 10:46 AM
    I just got the Curve a few days ago. Now that I'm learning how to use it, I love it! I was having issues because it's OS is so different from windows and my QM. Now that I'm getting past that, I realize what a gem it is. I hope you love yours, too.

Thanks! Before the storm came along I had the Pearl and loved it...just didnt like the sure type. I know I'll love the curve and be here for a while. The Niagra sounds tempting but think I learned my lesson to wait till the bugs get worked out of new phones.
    03-20-09 10:59 AM
    Hey man, Im picking up a Curve tonight too!
    A buddy of mine has the Storm, it seems like a really cool phone... Anyways, good luck with your new Curve, and welcome to the 83xx forum!
    Thanks bro. The storm is an awesome device and lots of fun but the software just is still in its infancy stage. I got tired of the laggy OS, lockups and constant battery pulls. Once the software is fixed that phone will be the chit.
    03-20-09 11:05 AM
    You held out way longer than me bud! I went 2 weeks with that thing. You won't regret moving to the Curve.
    It was the beta leaks that kept me. Each leak would make certain things better and other things worse...go figure! Some great cats in there (Sith,CX,Radio,BBCrackman, and others) really helped tweak it so I stayed hoping the GC would come. Once it does that phone will rock!
    03-20-09 11:10 AM
    The more and more I read... I am SOOO glad that we didnt go with the Storm. That thing just sounds scarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy
    03-20-09 11:11 AM
    The more and more I read... I am SOOO glad that we didnt go with the Storm. That thing just sounds scarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy
    LOL. Im actually glad I had one because Ive learned so much about how BB's work. Ive taken OS's and removed certain files(MMS, Radio, keyboard) that didnt work well in the new leaked betas and replaced them from previous OS's that did work and made my own hybrid OS. You can look in the Storm forum and 90 percent of folks are running a Hybrid OS and alot of them are happy. I just got tired of waiting for a fix that should have came a long time ago.
    03-20-09 11:21 AM
    Well you will truly love your curve. Had mine for about 5 months and its been wonderful. I mean its just so easy to use and just works fantastically. I do pretty much everything with this phone. I have a pretty bad backache so I can't really sit in front of my desktop. But with my 8330 I can lay on my stomach and serf the web. Send e-mails, watch videos, listen to music and of course talk all on one sexy little device.

03-20-09 01:14 PM
    Well you will truly love your curve. Had mine for about 5 months and its been wonderful. I mean its just so easy to use and just works fantastically. I do pretty much everything with this phone. I have a pretty bad backache so I can't really sit in front of my desktop. But with my 8330 I can lay on my stomach and serf the web. Send e-mails, watch videos, listen to music and of course talk all on one sexy little device.

Im really excited! Now if it only had WIFI
    03-20-09 01:16 PM
    when I read the title of this thread, I immediately envisioned him busting through a wall Mr. Kool-aid style.

other than that I have nothing of value to contribute to the discussion.
    Last edited by jenniferrichalle; 03-20-09 at 01:26 PM.
    03-20-09 01:21 PM
    when I read the title of this thread, I immediately envisioned him busting through a wall Mr. Kool-aid style.

other than that I have nothing of value to contribute to the discussion.
    Envisioning that made me laugh! *Crashes through*....."Hey Koolaid!!!" I remember those commercials like they were yesterday!
    03-20-09 01:37 PM
    Envisioning that made me laugh! *Crashes through*....."Hey Koolaid!!!" I remember those commercials like they were yesterday!
    It WASN'T yesterday?
    03-20-09 01:40 PM
    It WASN'T yesterday?
    Haha...seems someone is almost as old as me!
    03-20-09 01:42 PM
    Ok so I have the curve bad *** so far only one problem tracking ball gets stuck from time to time also u can not watch pron on it that my only things I do not like
    03-20-09 01:43 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD