Some people are OK with cases, or even skins... but for me I like the feeling of the BlackBerry Curve in my hands without any added layers. The factory polish is really well done, and together with the rubber grips, it sits better in my hand(s) than a certain phone from Cupertino

As a car fanatic, I've obsessed over finding the best way to get a shine, and have been using Zaino Car Polish for years. I don't want this to sound like an advertisement, but at the same time I would warn against putting any old substance on your device. I've used Zaino in the past for my iPod, so I know it can polish metal + plastics without problems. YMMV with other products.

I just added two coats to my Curve, and after buffing it off, the screen and back are more resilient against fingerprints. And cleaning it is much easier too as a clean microfiber or 100% cotton cloth can just wipe away the smudges without problems.

The process is pretty straightforward, but basically:

1) Clean the device. I use a sanitizing wipe.
    2) Dry off the device and remove the back panel + battery
    3) **IMPORTANT** Use just a small dab of polish (one drop size) on a clean cotton towel and wipe the panel using your index finger pointing beneath the towel for accuracy.
    4) Do the same for the screen, being careful not to add too much polish that it gets into the seams/cracks of the device. No need to polish the keyboard.
    5) Add a SMALL DROP on the tip of a Q-tip, and go around the silver ring of the trackball.
    6) Wait the full amount of time noted on your polish.
    7) Buff completely off using a CLEAN 100% COTTON terry towel. Anything else may scratch your phone.
    8) Enjoy your slick phone!

If you're OCD like me, you can repeat the process above to add multiple coats Good times...
    12-07-07 11:13 PM
    Just wanted to add for SCRATCHES:

Some polishes can help in reducing visible scratches, but you may also want to check out the iPod screen scratch removers, to remove scratches. After you remove the scratches, however, the device can have a dull sheen left behind after the abrasive elements do their job. That's where adding the coat of polish will help.

I've used iCleaner in the past with my iPod and it worked really well. But they are pretty pricey. I think they've raised their prices since I bought them (back in '02).

Here's a list of other iPod scratch remover/cleaner products that you may find helpful.
    Last edited by nandaiyo; 12-08-07 at 01:11 AM.
    12-07-07 11:15 PM
    Good information. Thanks for sharing!
    12-07-07 11:27 PM
    Mothers is pretty good as well.
    12-08-07 01:19 AM
    +1 on the Zaino
    I have used their product for close to ten years and converted a few 'wax' users over as well. It makes sense to use it on a curve or pearl since I use it on my tail lights, head lights, and window glass and it is fantastic.
    zainostore dot com is where you can find it
    (not enough posts yet to create a link)
    12-08-07 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD