Ok I searched and there are like 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 threads on battery pulls but no one explains what is the correct way of doing it.

Sorry if this sounds stupid but I just wantto be sure.

How often should it be done? Do I leave the phone on, and pull it? Or should I turn the phone off and then do it/ ANy other tips and tricks would be appreciated.

Thanks
    04-08-09 12:12 AM
    Leave the phone ON. Leave the battery out for at least 30secs.

Only do a battery pull for problems like non responsive k/board,
    frozen apps, etc. There are tons of threads about using a reset
    for memory management. Follow those if you wish. I find it
    totally unnecessary.
    04-08-09 12:17 AM
    leave the phone on. do it as often as you like.. you can also do it with a keystroke... its not the exact same thing as a battery pull, but its similar.. its alt+right shift+delete all at the same time..
    04-08-09 12:18 AM
    Thanks guys! I appreciate the help.
    04-08-09 12:34 AM
    Also take a look at QuickPull, which simulates a battery pull, with out removing the battery:http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/qui...leased-201305/
    04-08-09 06:59 AM
    Good stuff. Very helpful with the link for QuickPull as well.
    04-08-09 12:28 PM
    I only do a battery pull when I freeze up my phone, which has been happening a lot more often lately for some reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 12:44 PM
    wait so the phone is supposed to be on when i pull the battery out? i always turn my phone off then pull out the battery wrong. So i'm doing it wrong then?
    04-08-09 12:54 PM
    loosen the battery cover and throw the d*mn thing at a brick wall.

hahahaha.

actually I prefer softreset.
    04-08-09 12:56 PM
    Thanks for the info
    04-08-09 01:22 PM
    Well if your phone is frozen up and can't use any buttons, even to turn it off then you have no option other than pulling the battery when the phone is still on. A good rule of thumb is to pull the battery once a week. If you feel the need to do it more often then have at it, it's not like it is going to hurt your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 01:25 PM
    I'm degenerate battery pull guy so I always tell peeps to just go ahead and do a pull a day. Against what AG suggests to people, but like I said....
    04-08-09 01:29 PM
    National Battery Pull Day! | CrackBerry.com

Starting at 12:00am Will kick off National Pull your Battery Day.

So if you have never Pull your Battery. Do it. I might speed up your blackberry or maybe help clean up some lag you may be having but your a newbie and not really sure how to fix it....

Keep in mind, you can also perform a soft reboot by hitting Alt + Caps + Delete on your device instead of pulling out your battery. This thread is not about debating hard reset vs. soft rebooting, but National Battery Pull day! We'll leave any debates for this thread.

If you're looking for some information on this subject directly from RIM, follow these links:

- Differences between Hard, Soft and Master resets

- How to Peform a Hard Reset on a BlackBerry Smartphone

- Reasons to Perform a Hard Reset

For use hardcore Guru's we will hopefully achieve better satisfactory or knowing we rebooted our phones and they will run allot better from now on....
    (We all know we will have to do battery pulls again and again) but let's says it's a all out spring clean Reboot of our Blackberries!!!!!!

So who's with me
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/fact...dations-58878/

This thread is meant to clear up the fog surrounding the battery pull and what RIM recommends. It has nothing to do with memory management, how the garbage collector works, or the JVM.

According to page 221 of the BB Curve 8310 User Guide online PDF, found HERE, as well as the 8100 guide that I also checked, RIM's method of resetting the device is to remove and reinsert the battery. Check out the User Guide yourself, under the "Power, battery, and memory" section, or see the image below:

Last edited by yester18; 04-08-09 at 01:37 PM.
    04-08-09 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD