Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to put my curve in a silent/vibrate mode, but have a tone go off when an email marked urgent is received. I am doing this becuase I will be on call and would like to instruct users to mark important emails urgent and I want to be sure they wake me up. I thought this would be "level 1" but testing did not prove that to work. Any ideas?
    04-07-09 09:48 AM
    Creating and Editing Profiles and Notifications | CrackBerry.com

Creating Exceptions
    First, you need to create a new Profile as we did earlier. In the new Profile, set your alerts for SMS, email, phone, etc. for your contact. Next we will create an exception. Navigate to Profiles > Advanced. Press the Menu key and select New Exception.
    Enter a title for the exception (its easiest to name it the same and the custom profile you just created). In the FROM field, press the Menu key and select Add Name and choose a contact from your address book.
    Next, under Use Profile, select the newly created Profile for this contact.
    Add the custom phone tone for this contact. (Also, make sure you enable the exception by checking the box). Thats it. A slightly lengthy process, but it gets the job done. You can do this multiple times for other contacts as well.
    Well thats really all there is to it. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be managing your Profiles like a pro. If you need help above and beyond this lesson, check out these threads in the forums:
    04-07-09 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD