I'm very active on my phone. Most of the time, my phone is going off for people or notifications that aren't important for asap attention, and sometimes its very important depending on if I'm working or not. So I've got a ton of different ringer I'd excpetions for phone calls PLUS I've got exceptions for text messages for specific people aswel. Now, I thought that in the past when I set my phone on vibrate for when I'm in an office and need to be respectful or when I'm driving with the windows down and its in my lap on vibrate so ill feel it when I wouldn't be able to hear it that it would always vibrate no matter what. Now, its not. Was I imagining that it overrode my expections and went to vibrate for everything? Or is there a way to make that happen? When I placed it on vibrate it rang very loudly in a bank office and was very frustrating when I missed calls in my loud car when I had placed it on vibrate and it rand anyways for those set notifications. Help? Vibrate isn't much of vibrae when you've got ringer ids
    07-20-09 12:49 AM
    I know this doesn't answer your question but I had the same problem. I suggest SmartAlerts. I also use BerryBuzz and BerryPopup.

forkup
    07-20-09 09:03 AM
    Did those solve you problems? Thank you, ill try to look those up see how it might help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 09:37 AM
    What OS do you have on your phone? Is it 4.5.0.160? Because 160 is known to cause profile havoc...the profiles do not work properly with 160 sometimes. For that reason, i used a hybrid OS 160/131 instead. If you have a version other than 160 (like 131 or 138) then I am sorry I can't offer you any help.
    07-20-09 10:22 AM
    I do. 160. Bummer. I just want 'vibrate' to override all and vibrate for everything. I'm missing so many calls. Setting alerts to 'vibe and ring' doesn't alway help bc sometimes its the quiet that I need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD